CONNECTICUT CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Connecticut:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
• Producers in Connecticut are required to take 24 hours of CE, 3 of those hours being in ethics, law, or regulation, every 2-year license term.
• Life Settlement Brokers will be required to complete 15 hours of CE every 2 years by March 31st. Life Settlement Broker Licenses renew March 31st of each year. Resident Producers who hold a life license are exempt from the 15-hour requirement.
The Producer will be required to renew their license by the last day of their birth month. Licenses may be renewed up to 90 days in advance. No carry over credits are allowed and a producer cannot take a course more than once in a 2-year license term
Students must take 6 hours in the line of authority in which they hold
and 3 hours must be in ethics, law or regulation. The remaining credits may be
in whichever line the producer chooses. If the producer holds a combination
license, a minimum of 6 hours in each license type must held must be taken and
the remaining can be in whichever line the producers chooses.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or
solicit Long Term Care Insurance, they must be licensed as a Connecticut Life
and Health Producer and adhere to specific training requirements. Producers
must complete the two components of the LTC training in order to solicit
policies in the state of Connecticut. Producers must complete 8 hours of
prerequisite online training and receive a score of 70% or better in order to
attend the 4-hour lecture class. Once the prerequisite class has been passed,
the producer is eligible to take the second component of the LTC requirement.
This is a 4- hour live lecture class conducted by the state of Connecticut.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Connecticut licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Connecticut producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass their certification
exam with a 70% or greater. Monitor is required.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. The state charges $3.75 per course in order to report completions. These fees are charged to the student before the certification exam may be accessed.
Nonresidents are exempt from Connecticut’s CE requirement. The
satisfaction of the producer’s homes state CE requirement will be deemed to
satisfy the training requirements of this State, if such other state's
requirements are substantially similar to those contained in the Regulation.
The CT long-term care Partnership Certification Training is required for both resident and non- resident producers who wish to market Partnership-approved policies.
The following are exempt from Connecticut CE requirements:
• Individuals licensed for credit or travel insurance
• Those serving in US military on active duty outside Connecticut during substantial part of compliance period
Resident producers must renew their license online at http://www.nipr.com/. Online renewal notices will be mailed to address on file with the department at least 60 days before the license expiration.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Connecticut Department of Insurance
Connecticut Department of Insurance 153 Market St.
Hartford, CT 06103
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.