DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for District of Columbia:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||LH|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||Life/Health|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers in D.C. are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every two-year license term. Licensees must renew on or before the last day of the licensee’s birth month every 2 years. No carry over credits are allowed and a student cannot take a course more than once in a 2-year license term.
Students must take an approved course in the line of authority in which they hold in order to obtain their Continuing Education credits. Producers who hold a combination P&C and L&H license must take a minimum of 6 hours in each line of authority.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – D.C. licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – D.C. producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a qualified coworker who cannot be a licensed agent who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be
completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. The state charges $1.00 per credit hour and Sircon charges $1.00 per course in order to report completions. These fees are charged to the student before the certification exam may be accessed.
Nonresident producers are not required to take CE if they have completed CE in their home state and remain in good standing.
The following are exempt from District of Columbia CE requirements:
Producers can renew their license at www.nipr.com .
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
District of Columbia Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking
Washington, DC 20002
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however information is