NEW HAMPSHIRE CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for New Hampshire:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Gen Pro|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||General|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
• New Hampshire licensed Producers are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term.
The license term ends on the last day of the licensee’s birth month at least 13 months, but not more than 25 months, from the effective date of the license and every 2 years thereafter. Adjusters must renew biennially on 10/1. Producers must complete their continuing education 60 days prior the license expiration date to avoid penalty. New Hampshire does not allow excess credits to be carried forward into the next licensing period.
Producers may take any producer approved course, they may not take courses approved for adjusters only. Not more than 10 credits out of the 24 required may be in the category of ethics.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or
solicit Long Term Care Insurance, producers must be licensed with a
Life/Accident and Health or Sickness, or Life license and must complete an
8-hour course in Long Term Care Partnership Training. Producers must then
complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 2-year license term
following the initial completion date of the 8-hour training.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Producers must complete a one-time, 4-hour annuity suitability course before participating in the sale of annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – New Hampshire licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification
exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third
party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after
completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported to state
entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
The state charges $1.00 per credit hour and Sircon charges $1.00 per course in
order to report completions. These fees are charged to the student before the
certification exam may be accessed.
Nonresidents who have completed their CE requirement in their home state will be deemed compliant for New Hampshire’s continuing education requirement. Nonresident public adjusters who are not required to take CE in their home state must comply with New Hampshire’s public adjuster CE requirement. Nonresident multi-line and workers’ compensation adjusters are exempt from the CE requirement based on their designated homes state or the state in which they reside.
The following are exempt from New Hampshire CE requirements:
• Title insurance producers
• Producers holding any limited or restricted licenses
• Producers holding limited lines licenses for which an exam is not required
• All licensees who are renewing a license for the first time
• Nonresidents who are compliant with their home states CE requirement
• Nonresident multi-line and workers' compensation adjusters are exempt
Producers will receive a renewal notice by mail to the address on file with the department 60 days prior to the expiration date. Producers holding major lines of authority must be compliant with their CE prior to renewing their license. Renewing a license prior to 60 days will not be allowed and it is the producer’s responsibility to renew their license in the allotted time, regardless if a renewal letter has been received.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
New Hampshire Insurance Department
Phone: 603-271-0203 or 877-224-0227
New Hampshire Insurance Department
21 South Fruit St., Ste 14
Concord, NH 03301
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.