NORTH CAROLINA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for North Carolina:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Gen|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
Each licensee in North Carolina must take 24 hours of continuing education, three of which must be in ethics, by his or her biennial CE compliance date (based on licensee’s month and either an odd or even year of birth).The North Carolina Department of Insurance allows excess credit hours to be carried over to the next biennial term. Courses credits approved as Flood or Ethics will carry over as general credit only. A course may NOT be taken for credit more than once within the 2-year license term.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING – Producers must meet an initial 8-hour requirement before selling LTC in the state of North Carolina. After completing the initial 8- hour training, producers must then take a 4-hour LTC training course every 2-year compliance period following the initial training. *Resident licensees who satisfy the training requirements of another state that are similar to North Carolina’s law will be considered compliant with these requirements only if the insurance company chooses to recognize and accept the training completed in another state. Applicants must be licensed in Medicare Supplement/Long Term Care before completing this training and selling LTCP policies.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Producers holding a Property, Personal Lines or Adjuster license are required to take a 3-hour course approved for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) within 2 years of January 1, 2008 and every 4 years thereafter. Credit earned from an approved Flood insurance training course may also apply to the agent's overall continuing education requirements.
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum by topic.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 1%.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after
completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported to state
entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
The state charges $1.65 per credit hour in order to report completions. This
fee is charged to the student before the certification exam may be accessed.
The following are exempt from North Carolina CE:
• Nonresident producer and adjuster licensees in good standing with their home states
• Licensees exempt for one authority are exempt from completing all CE requirements except for ethics and/or flood requirements
• Agents who are unable to comply due to military service or long-term medical disability. (Granted on a case by case basis)
Producer’s should view the North Carolina Department of Insurance website for license renewal information: http://www.ncdoi.com
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
North Carolina Department of Insurance Phone: (919) 807-6800
Fax: (919) 715-3794
Web site: http://www.ncdoi.com
North Carolina Department of Insurance Agent Services
1204 Mail Service Center Raleigh, NC 27699-1204
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.