NORTH DAKOTA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for North Dakota:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||LA|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||Life/Health|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers in North Dakota are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours in ethics, every 2- year license term. The license expiration date is the last day of the producer’s birth month every 2 years. North Dakota allows a maximum of 12 excess credit hours taken during the second half of the license term be carried forward into the next licensing period. Producers may not take a course more than once in a 2-year licensing term.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• INITIAL 8-HOUR LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING: Before selling,
soliciting, or negotiating LTC insurance products in North Dakota, producers
must take an initial 8- hour, state-approved LTC training course. Producers
must also take an ongoing 4-hour LTC Partnership course every 24-months, thereafter.
• ANNUITY TRAINING: Producers must complete a one-time 4-hour annuity training course prior to selling annuities in the state of North Dakota. Nonresidents who meet the training requirements in another state that are comparable to North Dakota's law will be considered compliant for North Dakota's requirement.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – No certification exam is required to generate a
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 70%.
• POST-COURSE ATTESTATION – The student is required to complete the post-course attestation by clicking the “Get Certificate” link located in the My Status section of the Main Menu.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. The state charges $1.00 per credit hour and Sircon charges $1.00 per course in order to report completions. These fees are charged to the student before the certification exam may be accessed.
As long as your license in your home state is in good standing, there are no additional continuing education requirements in North Dakota for nonresident producers.
The following are exempt from North Dakota CE Requirements:
• Producers licensed exclusively for the sale of legal expense insurance, title insurance, travel baggage insurance, surety bonds, bail bonds, and credit life/accident & health insurance.
• Producers who are age 62 and whose combined total continuous years of license plus their age equals 85 or more.
• Newly licensed producers for the calendar year in which they are first licensed; but beginning January 1 of the year following licensing, CE requirements apply.
• Nonresidents who have satisfied their CE requirements in their home state.
In order to renew, the producer must be compliant in all their requirements. Resident and nonresident licensees can renew their license online here. Renewals may be processed at www.NIPR.com.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
North Dakota Department of Insurance Phone: 1-800-247-0560
1-701-328-3548 ext. 1
1-701-325-3548 ext. 2
Email: email@example.com Mailing Address:
North Dakota Insurance Department License Division
State Capitol, Fifth Floor Dept. 401
600 E. Boulevard Ave. Bismarck, ND 58505-0320
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.