SOUTH CAROLINA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for South Carolina:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||LAH|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||PC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers in South Carolina are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term. The license term ends on the last day of the licensee’s birth month at 5 pm eastern time. Licensees who are born in an even year will renew on even years, those born in an odd year will renew on odd years. A maximum of 18 credit hours can be carried over into the next license term. Ethics credits will be carried over as general credit. A course may not be repeated within 2 calendar years of the initial completion date.
Reduced Compliance Requirements: For single line producers, 15 hours
must be completed, 12 hours of which must be in the line of authority held and
3 hours Ethics. For multi line producers, 15 hours must be completed, with six
hours being in the lines of authority of the producer.
Effective January 1, 2017: A valid personal or business email address is required by law. Please visit Online Services at www.doi.sc.gov to update and manage this information.
A minimum of 8 hours must be taken in the line of authority that the producer is licensed in.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or
solicit Long Term Care Insurance, they must complete an initial 8 hours of Long
Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training
requirement every 24 months from the initial completion date of the 8-hour
training in order to stay in compliance.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – South Carolina licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – All South Carolina Producers must take a one-time 4-hour annuity training course in order to solicit annuities in the state of South Carolina.
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum by topic.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 1%.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. Sircon charges $1.00 per course in order to report completions. This fee is charged to the student before the certification exam may be accessed.
Nonresident producers are not required to take CE in South Carolina if they have completed CE in their home state and remain in good standing. If the home state does not have a CE requirement, nonresident producers must comply with South Carolina’s CE requirement.
LONG TERM CARE TRAINING: A nonresident who has not taken a LTC Partnership training course in another state must take South Carolina’s LTC Partnership training course.
The following are exempt from South Carolina CE requirements:
• A Producer holding a limited license to sell only credit life, credit health insurance, bail bonds and travel accident and baggage insurance;
• Producers outside the United States or its territories;
• Producers who are resident attorneys licensed to practice law in the state;
• A licensee who is an employee of a trade association holding a limited license to sell only surety bonds to its association members;
• A licensee who has reached the age of 65 prior to July 1, 2006 and has been licensed for at least 10 years or who have reached 65 after July 1, 2006 and have been licensed for at least 10 years and who no longer sell, solicit or negotiate insurance.
Producers must renew the license, obtain fingerprints, complete 24 hours of continuing education including the minimum 3 hours of Ethics, and pay the biennial record keeping fee to the Continuing Education Administrator by the deadline or the producer license will lapse.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
South Carolina Department of Insurance Phone: (803) 737-6095 Fax: (803) 737-6205
South Carolina Department of Insurance 1201 Main St., Suite 1000
Columbia, SC 29201
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.
All licensed resident producers should first check the approved CE course list on Prometric's website (www.prometric.com/southcarolina) or contact Prometric at
800-490-6551 before taking a CE course. Courses taken from an unapproved sponsor or instructor will be declined.
Licensed producers may check their CE status by calling Prometric or by checking their transcript at www.prometric.com/CE/scceprod