LOUISIANA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Louisiana:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
• Producers must take 24 hours of CE including 3 hours of ethics every 2-year license term.
• Life, Health and Accident producers must renew on the last day of the
birth month in even years.
• Property and Casualty producers must renew on the last day of the birth month in odd years.
• Combined Life, Health and Accident AND Property and Casualty producers must renew the last day of the birth month in odd years.
• Adjusters must renew on the last day of the birth month in odd years.
Property and Casualty producers as well as Life and Health producers may carry over 10 credit hours, maximum, into the next renewal cycle. No carryover allowance is allowed for adjusters.
Students must take approved courses in the line of authority which they are licensed in.
• ANNUITY TRAINING - Producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours before they may begin selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial, state approved, 8 hours of Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every two years thereafter. If a producer satisfies this training requirement in another state, they will be deemed compliant for the Louisiana requirement.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Louisiana producers licensed in Property and Casualty who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a 3-hour course on Flood Insurance every renewal cycle.
• TIME REQUIREMENT - Students are required to spend the number of hours
in the courses indicated by number of credits assigned to each course. Time
spent within the course material will be tracked using a virtual timer which
will be viewable by the student.
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum topic by topic. Students must access all reading content and attempt all Study by Topic quizzes.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 70%.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. Sircon charges $1.00 per course in order to report completions. This fee is charged to the student before the certification exam may be accessed.
Nonresident producers/adjusters who have satisfied the CE requirements in their home state will be deemed compliant with Louisiana’s requirement. Nonresidents must submit a letter of certification with the renewal application indicating that they have complied with the CE requirements of their home state. Nonresident adjusters, who took the Louisiana license exam, must comply with the Louisiana CE requirement.
The following are exempt from Louisiana CE requirements:
• Newly licensed agents who have completed an approved pre-licensing education
course (exempt for the first reporting period)
• Individuals with a limited line license for which an exam is not required
• Individuals licensed for industrial fire insurance only
• Individuals holding a limited license for one of the following lines: fidelity and surety, baggage, credit property, service or burial, travel health and accident, and industrial life, health and accident
• A licensee who is 65 years of age on or before January 1, 2012 (producers who reach age 65 after January 1, 2012, will not qualify for the exemption), and who has had at least 15 years' experience as a licensed agent, broker, or solicitor and is either no longer active as an agent, broker, or solicitor and is receiving Social Security benefits or is an active agent who represents or operates through a licensed Louisiana insurer
• A licensed producer or adjuster, who is prevented from meeting the CE requirements for renewal due to military service, or due to a medical condition or injury, may request a waiver of those requirements and renewal of the license. The licensee must contact the state to submit this request.
• Members of the legislature while serving a term in the legislature.
• Nonresident agents are exempt if licensee meets their home state CE requirement
• Nonresident adjusters are exempt if licensee meets their home state CE requirement or that of another state in which they are licensed.
Louisiana now offers the option for online renewals through the Louisiana Department of Insurance. Licensees may renew by mail and must submit copies of their certificate of completion along with a signed CE statement to the LDI. Please visit the Louisiana Department of Insurance website to find this form and to renew: https://ia.ldi.state.la.us/IndustryAccess/
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Louisiana Department of Insurance
Louisiana Commissioner of Insurance
P.O. Box 94214
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9214
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.