NEW MEXICO CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for New Mexico:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||L - Life/Health/Variable|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||P (prop/cas/veh)|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers who were licensed prior to July 1, 2017 are required to
complete 15 hours of continuing education before April 30, 2018. One hour must
be in the category of ethics.
Producers licensed after July 1, 2017 and later must complete 24 hours of continuing education biennially by the last day of the birth month of the producer. One hour must be in the category of ethics.
A course may not be repeated for credit more than once within 3 years from the original completion date.
Students must take all hours in the lines that they are licensed for. Licensed producers must also complete 1 hour in ethics training.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING: New Mexico licensed producers who sell flood
insurance are required to take a 3-hour one-time course approved for the
National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
• LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE TRAINING: Agents who hold a Life and/or Accident and Health line of authority who plan to sell, solicit, or negotiate long term care insurance must first complete an initial 8 hour LTC course approved by the Superintendent of Insurance. The agent must also complete a 4 hour LTC refresher course every 24-month licensing period. The satisfaction of the training requirement in any state will satisfy the training requirement in New Mexico for non-resident agents.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification
exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third
party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes
are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after
completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported to state
entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
Nonresident producers are not required to take CE in New Mexico if they have completed CE in their home state and remain in good standing.
The following are exempt from NM Continuing Education:
• Producers who hold a limited license.
• Producer has been an agent, solicitor, nonresident agent, or nonresident broker for 25 years or more.
• The producer maintains a license for the purposes of receiving renewal fee residuals ONLY
• The producer is an agent of a fraternal benefit society.
• Nonresident producers who have met the CE requirements of their home state.
A licensee shall file a verified statement form prescribed by the state
indicating that the licensee has completed the required number of Continuing
Education credits. Licensees are required to submit Original Certificates of
Completion along with a $1.00 per credit hour fee to the New Mexico
Superintendent of Insurance.
Producers can renew their licenses online here.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Office of the Superintendent of Insurance Phone: (505) 827-4601
Fax: (505) 827-4734
Web site: http://www.osi.state.nm.us/
P.O. Box 1689
Santa Fe, NM 87504-1689
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.