ALASKA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Alaska:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Anti Money-Laundering - Ethical Decision Making for Insurance Producers||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Front Line Fraud Prevention||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
• Alaska licensed Producers and Adjusters are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term.The license term is every 2 years based on the licensee’s date of birth. Licensees who are born in an even year will renew on even years, those born in an odd year will renew on odd years. Alaska allows 8 excess credits to be carried forward into the next licensing period. A course may not be taken for credit more than once in a 2-year license term.
Licensees may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type. No more than 8 credit hours may be in management, marketing, sales, and training. Management, marketing, sales and training credits cannot carry over. Ethics credits will carry over as general credits.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete an 8-hour course in Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 24 months following the initial completion date of the 8-hour training.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Alaska producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products. This requirement is separate from the indexed annuity requirement.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Alaska licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• PROGRESSIVE – Licensees must progress through the course by topic.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Licensees are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 1%.
• LICENSEE ATTESTATION – The licensee attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Licensees may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the course requirements. Completions are normally reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour and a processing fee of $1.50 per course in order to report completions. These fees will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
Nonresidents who have completed their CE requirement in their home state will be deemed compliant for Alaska’s continuing education requirement. Nonresident Adjusters are exempt if they have complete the requirements in their home state and remain in good standing; however, being licensed and remaining good standing in their home state does not deem the producer compliant if there is no adjuster CE requirement. If that is the case, adjusters must comply with Alaska’s adjuster continuing education requirement.
The following are exempt from Alaska CE requirements:
• Nonresidents who have met their home state CE requirements.
• Producers who were licensed prior to January 1, 1980
• An individual who holds a temporary license
• A producer who holds a limited lines license, is retired, or travel license
Producers can renew online at http://www.nipr.com/. Producers may renew their license up to 90 days before the respective due date.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alaska Division of Insurance Phone: (907) 465-2515Fax: (907) 465-3422 Email: [email protected] Web site: http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/ins/ Mailing Address: P.O. Box 110805Juneau, AK 99811-0805
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.