ARIZONA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Arizona:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Anti-Money Laundering - Ethical Decision Making for Insurance||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Front Line Fraud Prevention||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Gen|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability and Best Interest Standard Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
• Arizona producers are required to take 48 hours of continuing education, 6 of those hours being in ethics, every 4-year license term.
• If a producer has been continuously licensed in Arizona since 1995 AND has never held a nonresident license, they are exempt from the continuing education requirement.
Producers license renewal dates will depend on the birth month of the producer. No carry over credits are allowed and a licensee cannot take a course more than once in a 4-year license term.
Licensees may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must be licensed as an Arizona Life and Health Producer. Further, they must complete an initial 8 hours of state approved Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 4-year license term in order to stay in compliance.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING - Arizona licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• ANNUITY TRAINING - Arizona licensed producers who sell annuity products must complete a one-time four (4)-credit Annuity Suitability Best Interest Standard course. The ExamFX Annuity Suitability Best Interest Standard course satisfies this requirement.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – licensees are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by an Arizona licensed producer who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• LICENSEE AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The licensee and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you typically within two (2) business days. Completions are reported to typically within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
Nonresident producers are not required to take CE in Arizona if they have completed CE in their home state and remain in good standing. If the home state does not have a CE requirement, nonresident producers must comply with Arizona’s CE requirement.
The following are exempt from Arizona CE requirements:
• Licensees who have been continuously licensed since 1995 and who have NEVER held a nonresident license.
• Nonresidents are not required to complete Arizona continuing education.
• Resident and non-resident adjuster.
Producers can renew up to 90 days before the license expiration date. To update and address, telephone number, or to renew a license or print a license renewal application, use the Insurance Professional License Update System (IPLUS). A renewal application must be submitted with all other required materials and non-refundable fees by or on the license expiration date, or delivered in person during Licensing Counter Business Hours. After your renewal application has been accepted, please be sure to check your license expiration date to make sure it has been extended as well as any other information relevant to the application is correct.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Arizona Department of Insurance and Financial Institution
Email: [email protected]
Mailing Address: Licensing Division 2910 N. 44th St., Ste 210
Phoenix, AZ 85018-7256
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.