ARKANSAS CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Arkansas:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Gen|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||General|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||Life/Health|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers in Arkansas are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term. No producer will receive credit for a course taken more than once during a single license renewal period. Excess hours may be carried forward to the following license term.
• Producers born in odd years: CE will need to be completed by their birth date in 2011, in which they will then be issued a 2-year license. The following renewal period will end in 2013 and every 2 years thereafter
• Producers born in even years: CE will need to be completed by their birth date in 2011, in which they will then be issued a 1-year license. The following renewal period will end on their birth date in 2012 and every 2 years thereafter.
• All excess credit hours may be carried forward into the next license term, up to the hours needed to satisfy the producers next license term. Courses may not be repeated within 2 years of the original course completion date.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type. Title agents and Adjusters may take any course approved for P&C credit.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial 8 hours of state-approved Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 24 months following the initial completion of the 8-hour training.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING - Arkansas licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour and a processing fee of $1.50 per course in order to report completions. These fees will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
A non-resident producer’s satisfaction of their home state’s CE requirements shall constitute satisfaction of this state’s continuing education requirements, if the non-resident producer’s home state recognizes Arkansas continuing education requirements on the same basis.
The following are exempt from Arkansas CE requirements:
• Nonresidents in good standing with their home state
• Producers holding limited lines licenses where an exam is not required
• Producers holding a limited or restricted license
• Individuals who are 60 years old and were licensed prior to 07/01/2003
• Individuals who have been actively licensed as a producer or broker for at least 15 consecutive years and who were licensed prior to 07/01/2003
• Producers licensed in Arkansas less than a year upon renewal
• Producers in their first full year of licensure following the year they made a change in residency or domicile to Arkansas
• Third-party administrators who do not solicit business
• Producers called to active duty in the U.S. military services
• If the exempt producer moves to another state and later returns, he or she may request a reinstatement of the exemption from the Commissioner as long as he or she retained licensure in Arkansas continuously from the time he or she first qualified for the exemption.
Producers must have their CE hours posted prior to their expiration date and prior to filing their renewal. ExamFX has 10 days to report CE completions, please plan accordingly to avoid a lapse in licensure. Individuals will be required to remit a $20.00 filing fee, along with other fees required to renew or continue licensure.
Producers can renew their license here: https://leo.aithent.com/jsp/login/login_main.jsp
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Arkansas Insurance Department Phone: (501) 371-2750
Fax: (501) 683-2604
Email: [email protected]
Arkansas Insurance Department License Division
1200 West Third St. Little Rock, AR 72201
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.