ARKANSAS CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Arkansas:
|Line of Authority
|Anti-Money Laundering - Ethical Decision Making for Insurance
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law
|Front Line Fraud Prevention
|Indexed Product Training
|NFIP Flood Insurance
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance
|Life and Health
|Annuity Suitability and Best Interest Standard Training
|Annuity - BIS
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability
|Long Term Care Certification Training
|LTC Certification Refresher
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance
|Property and Casualty
Producers in Arkansas are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, biennially on or before the producer's date of birth. Agents cannot repeat the same CE course within 2 years from the last completion date. Excess hours may be carried forward to the following license term. Title agents and Adjusters may take any course approved for P&C credit.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial 8 hours of state-approved Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 24 months following the initial completion of the 8-hour training.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING - Arkansas licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• ANNUITY SUITABILITY - Arkansas licensed producers who sell annuity products must complete a one-time four (4)-credit Annuity Suitability Best Interest Standard course. The ExamFX Annuity Suitability Best Interest Standard course satisfies this requirement.
A producer who has completed an annuity training course approved by the Department prior to January 1, 2021 shall, within six (6) months after January 1, 2021, complete either a new four (4) hour credit training course approved by the Department after January 1, 2021; or an additional one-time one (1) credit training course approved by the Department.
Producers who hold a life insurance line of authority on 07/08/2021 and who desire to sell annuities shall complete the requirements within six (6) months after 07/08/2021. Individuals who obtain a life insurance line of authority on or after the effective date of this Rule may not engage in the sale of annuities until the annuity training course required under this subsection has been completed.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you typically within two (2) business days. Completions are typically reported within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
A non-resident producer’s satisfaction of their home state’s CE requirements shall constitute satisfaction of this state’s continuing education requirements, if the non-resident producer’s home state recognizes Arkansas continuing education requirements on the same basis.
The following are exempt from Arkansas CE requirements:
• Nonresidents in good standing with their home state
• Producers holding limited lines licenses where an exam is not required
• Producers holding a limited or restricted license
• Individuals who are 60 years old and were licensed prior to 07/01/2003
• Individuals who have been actively licensed as a producer or broker for at least 15 consecutive years and who were licensed prior to 07/01/2003
• Producers licensed in Arkansas less than a year upon renewal
• Producers in their first full year of licensure following the year they made a change in residency or domicile to Arkansas
• Third-party administrators who do not solicit business
• Producers called to active duty in the U.S. military services
• If the exempt producer moves to another state and later returns, he or she may request a reinstatement of the exemption from the Commissioner as long as he or she retained licensure in Arkansas continuously from the time he or she first qualified for the exemption.
Producers must have their CE hours posted prior to their expiration date and prior to filing their renewal. ExamFX has 10 days to report CE completions, please plan accordingly to avoid a lapse in licensure.
Producers can renew their license here: NIPR
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Arkansas Insurance Department Phone: (501) 371-2750
Fax: (501) 683-2604
Email: [email protected]
Arkansas Insurance Department License Division
1200 West Third St. Little Rock, AR 72201
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.