Colorado Insurance Continuing Education Courses and Requirements
COLORADO CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Colorado:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Anti-Money Laundering - Ethical Decision Making for Insurance||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Front Line Fraud Prevention||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||LAH|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty (meets 3 hour Homeowners training requirement)|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property and Casualty|
Producers in Colorado must take 24 hours of continuing education, 3 of those hours being in ethics every 2-year license term. Renewal must be met by the last days of the licensee’s birth month. Producers born in an even year will renew on even years, odd birth years will renew every odd year. Up to 12 hours of excess CE credits may be carried over ONLY if the courses were taken within the last 120 days of the previous license cycle. Ethics credits will be carried over as general credit. Courses may not be repeated within 2 years of the original completion date.
Producers must take 18 hours in the lines they are licensed for, 3 hours
must be in ethics, and the remaining 3 hours can be taken in any category. Dual
line licensed producers may split the required hours between both lines of
authority or choose to accrue all credit in one line of authority that they are
licensed for Property or Personal Lines licensees must complete 3 hours of
homeowners continuing education.
LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE TRAINING – Producers must meet an initial 16-hour requirement before selling LTC in the state of Colorado. 8-hours of the LTC can be completed via online or self-study. The remaining 8-hours MUST be
completed in a classroom setting and shall consist of material specific to the
LTC Partnership program. After completing the initial 16-hour training,
producers must then take an ongoing 5-hour LTC training course every 2 calendar years from the initial completion
date. These 5 hours must be completed in a classroom setting.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Colorado producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Colorado licensed producers who sell flood insurance are required to take a 3-hour one-time course approved for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
• HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE TRAINING – Colorado producers licensed to sell personal lines and property insurance must complete a 3-hour homeowners’ insurance course each license term.
• CLAIMS MADE – Licensed Producers in Colorado who sell, adjust or make consultations on claims-made policies must complete a state approved course for 2-hours on claims-made policies.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Licensees are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• LICENSEE AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The licensee and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Licensees may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the course requirements. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
If you have satisfied the continuing education requirements of your home state, Colorado will consider that as satisfaction of the continuing education requirements as long as your home state recognizes the satisfaction of its continuing education requirements imposed upon producers from Colorado on the same basis.
The following exemptions apply to these CE requirements:
• Newly licensed producers have until their second renewal cycle to comply.
• Producers licensed to write only one or more of the following are exempt:
• Travel ticket selling
• Bail bonding
• Limited lines credit
• Crop hail
Producers must renew their license on the Sircon website before the license renewal date.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Colorado Division of Insurance
Email: [email protected]
Colorado Division of Insurance 1560 Broadway, Suite 850
Denver, CO 80202
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.