DELAWARE CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Delaware:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
• Delaware licensed Producers are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2 year license term.
The license term for resident producers starts on March 1st of even number years and ends on the last day of February in even numbered years, every 2 years. The license term for nonresident producers starts on March 1st of odd numbered years and ends the last day of February
in odd numbered years, every 2 years. Producers cannot take a course more than once within 2 year license term. Delaware allows up to 5 excess credits to be carried forward into the next licensing period. Any Ethics, LTC or Flood insurance credits will be carried forward as general credit.
Licensees may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain
their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take
courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING – Delaware producers who hold a health line of authority must complete at least 3 hours of state approved LTC training during the 2 year license period in which they are selling the product. This requirement does not need to be met prior to selling.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – All Delaware licensees who are authorized to write homeowners or personal lines coverage must complete 2 hours of CE relating to flood insurance and the NFIP every 2-year license term.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Delaware licensees must complete a one time, minimum four- hour annuity training course before selling or soliciting annuity products.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Licensees are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• LICENSEE AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The licensee and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Licensees may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the course requirements. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour and a processing fee of $1.50 per course in order to report completions. These fees will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
Nonresident licensees will need to renew their license online at
www.nipr.com (with the exception of those not licensed in their home state).
Nonresident adjusters who are not licensed in their home state will be required
to submit a copy of the license renewal to the Delaware Department of Insurance
with the appropriate fees. If there is a failure to comply with the nonresident
home state requirements penalties may occur, such as fines or the suspension or
revocation of the Delaware license.
The following are exempt from Delaware CE requirements:
• Individuals holding a limited lines producer license and writes consumer credit, title, crop/hail, surety, and car rental insurance policies.
• Resident adjuster licensed only for surety and/or marine and transportation.
• Nonresident adjuster or a nonresident public adjuster.
• Limited lines producer licensed for life insurance or annuity products used only to fund a pre- need arranged funeral program.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Delaware Insurance Department
Email: [email protected]
Mailing Address: 841 Silver Lake Blvd. Dover, DE 19904
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFx is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate.