INDIANA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Indiana:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Anti Money-Laundering - Ethical Decision Making for Insurance Producers||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Front Line Fraud Prevention||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability and Best Interest Standard Training||4.00||Annuity Suitability|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||5.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property and Casualty|
• Producers in Indiana are required to complete 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term. **P&C producers are not required to complete the 3-hour ethics requirement.**
• Limited Lines Producers are no longer required to complete CE as of January 1 2012.
• Adjusters must complete 24 hours of CE every 2-year license term.
License terms are every 2 years on the last day of the producer’s birth month. Indiana does not allow excess credit hours to be carried forward into the next license term. A course may not be repeated for credit within a 2-year license term, including LTC specific courses.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain
their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take
courses pertaining to their license type.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours before they may begin selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products.
• LONG TERM CARE/PARTNERSHIP TRAINING – Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial, state approved, 8 hours of Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 5-hour training requirement every two years thereafter. If Producers are looking to sell LTC partnership products they are required to complete a one-time 7-hour training requirement in addition to the 8 hour LTC training requirement, for a total of 15 hours. The 7-hour training requirement must be completed in a classroom.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Indiana producers licensed in Property and Casualty who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a 3-hour course on Flood Insurance every renewal cycle.
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum by topic.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by an Indiana licensed producer or testing center representative who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 1%.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2)
business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2)
business days of the certificate having been issued. The state charges $5.00
per course in order to report completions. This fee is charged to the student
before the certification exam may be accessed.
Nonresident producers who have satisfied the CE requirements in their home state will be deemed compliant with Indiana’s requirement. Nonresidents must comply with Indiana’s LTC requirement if they have not completed the training in their home state. See the Special Training requirements above.
The following are exempt from Indiana CE requirements:
• Nonresident producers are exempt if home state CE requirements are met and a PDB printout indicating resident compliance is submitted to IDOI.
• Nonresident producers are exempt from the regular long-term care requirement (but not from the Indiana Partnership Long-Term Care Program requirement).
Renewal notices will be sent to email addresses on file through Sircon approx. 60 days prior to the renewal date.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Indiana Department of Insurance
Phone: (317) 232-2414 or (317) 232-5858
Fax: (317) 232-5252
Indiana Department of Insurance
P.O. Box 6129
Indianapolis, IN 46206-6129
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.