MAINE CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Maine:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||LH|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers in Maine are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every two-year license term. Licensees must renew on or before the last day of the licensee’s birth month every 2 years. Licensees who are born in an even year will renew on even years, those born in an odd year will renew on odd years. No carry over credits are allowed and a student cannot take a course more than once in a 2-year license term. CE credits taken to complete a previous license term deficiency will not count for the current license cycle.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or
solicit Long Term Care Insurance, they must be complete an initial 8-hour state
approved LTC training course. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing
training requirement every two- year license term.
• ANNUITY SUITABILITY TRAINING – Producers must complete a one-time 4-hour annuity suitability course before selling annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Maine licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification
exam with a 70% or better.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after
completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported typically within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
There is a $1.50 fee per course in order to report completions to the state. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
Nonresident producers are not required to take CE if they have completed CE in their home state and remain in good standing. If the home state does not have a CE requirement, nonresident producers must comply with Maine’s CE requirement.
The following are exempt from Maine CE requirements:
• Producers who receive their licenses less than one year before their first compliance date are exempt from CE requirements for their first license term.
• Nonresidents who meet their home state’s requirement and maintain an active license in that state.
Producers can renew their license here. A notice will be mailed to the licensee with information regarding the renewal period. Licenses may not be renewed more than 60 days before the renewal date.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Maine Department of Insurance
Fax: (207) 624-8599
Email: [email protected]
Maine Department of Insurance 76 Northern Ave.
Gardiner, ME 04345
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.