MARYLAND CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Maryland:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Annuity Suitability and Best Interest Standard Training||4.0||Annuity Best Interest 4hr|
|Anti-Money Laundering - Ethical Decision Making for Insurance Producers||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life/Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers in Maryland must take 24 hours of continuing education, 3 of those hours being in ethics, every 2-year license term. Producers licensed for 25 years or more may choose to complete only 8 hours every license term, 3 of those most be in ethics.
License terms end every 2 years on the last day of the producer’s birth month. No excess credits will be carried forward into the next license term. Courses may not be repeated within a 2-year license term. If the same course is repeated in two consecutive license terms, there must be 6 months between the two course completion dates in order to receive credit.
Students must take approved courses in the line of authority in which they are licensed in. For multiline Life/Health and Property/Casualty, producers must complete 6 hours in each line. The remaining hours may be satisfied by either line. Courses that are approved for Flood credit will not satisfy the minimum 6 hours required for the Property/Casualty line of authority. Ethics credits in excess of the 3-hour requirement will not be applied to the overall continuing education requirement.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING – Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Partnership Insurance they must complete an initial, state approved, 8-hour Long Term Care Partnership Training course. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 2 years following the initial date of completion.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Maryland producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Maryland licensed producers who sell flood insurance are required to take a 2-hour one-time course approved for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum by topic.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 1%.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are typically reported within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a $1.15 fee per credit hour to report completions to the state. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
If you have satisfied the continuing education requirements of your home
state, Maryland will consider that as satisfaction of the continuing education
requirements. Nonresidents must complete the same training for LTC and
Annuities as residents if they have not done so in their home state.
The following individuals are exempt from Maryland CE requirements:
• If prior to October 1, 2008 a resident licensee has been consecutively licensed for 25 or more years their continuing education requirement is 8 hours (of these 8 hours, 3 hours are still required to be in ethics).
• Individuals authorized to sell only HMO coverage, travel insurance, and credit insurance
• Maryland attorneys who hold a producer license to sell title insurance and are in good standing with the Maryland Court of Appeals
• Nonresident producers who have met the continuing education requirements of their home state.
Producers must renew their license here NIPR.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Maryland Insurance Administration
Web site: www.mdinsurance.state.md.us
200 St. Paul Place, Suite 2700
Baltimore, MD 21202
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.