MICHIGAN CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Michigan:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Anti Money-Laundering - Ethical Decision Making for Insurance Producers||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance||3.00||Ethics|
|Front Line Fraud Prevention||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Annuity Suitability and Best Interest Standard Training||4.00||Annuity Suitability|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities||5.00||Life/Health|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTCP|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTCP|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||PC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property and Casualty|
Producers in Michigan are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3
hours of ethics, every two- year license term. License terms are based on the
first day of the licensee’s birth month every 2 years. Licensees who are born
in an even year will renew on even years, those born in an odd year will renew
on odd years. Michigan allows up to 12 hours of credit to carry over to the next license term as general credit. Producers cannot take a
course more than once in a 2-year license term.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority in order
to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they
take courses pertaining to their license type.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Michigan licensed producers who sell
National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course
on Flood Insurance.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Michigan producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial 8 hours of Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every license term. A producer who completes the Long Term Care Partnership training in any other state shall be compliant with the requirement.
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum by topic.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 1%.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2)
business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2)
business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour and a processing fee of $1.50 per course in order to report completions. These fees will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
Nonresident producers are not required to take CE if they have completed CE in their home state and remain in good standing. Nonresidents are not required to submit proof of CE compliance to the state.
The following are exempt from Michigan CE requirements:
• Adjusters, unless they are also licensed in a major line of authority
• Limited life, turkey, Crop and Hail, Travel, Accident and Baggage, Title and Credit Producers
Producer’s licenses are now perpetual, as long as resident and nonresident producers complete the required CE of their home state and remain in good standing.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services
Email: [email protected]
P.O. Box 30220 Lansing, MI 48909
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.