MINNESOTA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Minnesota:
|Line of Authority
|Indexed Product Training
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability
|Property and Casualty
Producers in Minnesota must take 24 hours of continuing education, 3 of
those hours being in ethics, during each licensing period, every 2 years on the
last day of licensee’s birth month.
Producers must complete their continuing education and have their credits
posted 30 days prior to their license expiration date.
No more than one-half of the credit hours per licensing period may be credited to a person for attending courses sponsored by, offered by, or affiliated with an insurance company or its agents. Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in the same licensing period.
There are no category restrictions in the state of Minnesota. Students may take credits in any line of insurance to satisfy the CE requirements.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING – Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long
Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial, state approved, 8-hour Long
Term Care Training course. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing
training requirement every 2 years following the initial date of completion.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Minnesota producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Minnesota licensed producers who sell flood insurance are required to take a 3-hour one-time course approved for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum topic by
topic. Students must access all reading content and attempt all Study by Topic
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 70%.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
If you have satisfied the continuing education requirements of your home state, Minnesota will consider that as satisfaction of the continuing education requirements. Nonresidents must complete training for LTC before selling LTC insurance products in Minnesota. Nonresidents must also complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours before selling annuity products. Nonresidents who satisfy the annuity training requirements in another state that is similar to Minnesota will be deemed compliant, but this will satisfy any of Minnesota’s CE requirements.
The following individuals are exempt from Minnesota CE requirements:
• A waiver of exemption time up to 90 days may be granted for good cause. It is
the responsibility of the producer to request the waiver on a form prescribed
by the commissioner.
• There are no continuing education requirements for closers.
• Nonresident producers whose home-state has a reciprocity agreement with Minnesota
• Nonresident adjusters who are licensed and in good standing in their home-state
Producers must renew their license no more than 60 days before their expiration date. Producers will utilize the “Renew or Reinstate your License” option at www.sircon.com
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Minnesota Department of Commerce – Insurance Division
Web site: http://mn.gov/commerce/insurance/producers-adjusters/
85 7th Place East, Suite 500 St. Paul, MN 55101
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.