MISSISSIPPI CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Mississippi:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Anti Money-Laundering - Ethical Decision Making for Insurance Producers||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Front Line Fraud Prevention||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability and Best Interest Standard Training||4.00||Annuity Suitability|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property and Casualty|
• Licensed Life and Health and Property and Casualty producers in Mississippi are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term.
• Adjusters are required to take 12 hours of CE every 1-year license term.
The producer license term ends on every 2 years on the last day of their birth month. No carry over credits are allowed and a student cannot take a course more than once in a license term. For Licenses in effect for 13-18 months: 12 hours of continuing education is required each year prior to the expiration date.
Students may only take courses approved for the line of authority which
they hold to obtain their Continuing Education credits.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Mississippi producers must take a course approved
for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Mississippi producers licensed in Fire and Casualty lines who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum topic by
topic. Students must access all reading content and attempt all Study by Topic
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 70%.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2)
business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2)
business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a $4.75 fee per course in order to report completions to the state. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
Nonresident producers must complete their Continuing Education in their home state and remain in good standing.
The following are exempt from Mississippi CE requirements:
• Inactive producers
• Producers holding limited lines licenses
• Nonresident producers
• Nonresident adjusters
Producers must renew their license through Sircon.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Mississippi Insurance Department Phone: 601-359-3569 or 800-562-2957
Web site: www.mid.ms.gov
Mississippi Insurance Department Agents Licensing Unit
P.O. Box 79
Jackson, MS 39205-0079
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.