MISSOURI CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Missouri:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||LH|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||PC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers in Missouri are required to take 16 hours, 3 of those being in ethics, every 2 years. The license term is 2 years from the license issuance date. A course may not be repeated more than once in a 2-year license term. All hours that are earned in excess may be carried into the next 2-year license term.
Students must take courses pertaining to their license type. Multiple lines of authority are not required to be divided evenly between the lines of authority.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must be licensed as a Life and Health producer and complete a course approved by the Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions, and Professional Regulation for 8 hours of initial Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement (pre-approved by the Missouri DIFP) each 2-year license term following the completion of the initial 8-hour training.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING - Missouri licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• ANNUITY SUITABILITY - Missouri licensed producers must complete a one-time 4-hour annuity suitability course before participating in the sale of annuity products.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2)
business days. Completions are reported typically within two (2)
business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour and a processing fee of $1.50 per course in order to report completions. These fees will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
Producers that hold a nonresident license must submit an original and
current certification letter showing compliance with their home state’s CE
requirements. If the producer resides in a state that participates in the
Producer Data Base, a certification letter is not required.
Producers that reside in states that do not require CE must complete Missouri approved CE courses and list them on the Missouri CE Summary Report Form.
If the nonresident producer has not taken the NAIC 8-hour LTC training in another state, they must comply with the Missouri LTC training requirements. (See Special Training requirements above).
The following are exempt from Missouri CE requirements:
• The producer has suffered a serious physical injury or illness.
• The producer is on active duty in the Armed Forces for an extended time.
• The producer sells only crop insurance.
• The producer sells only pre-arranged funeral plan insurance.
• The producer is at least 70 years old.
• The producer's license is restricted to Credit
To renew your license, please visit http://www.nipr.com/
Producers who fail to post their required CE hours and submit their renewal paperwork to the state on or before the license expiration date, will have their license terminated and are subject to fines.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions, and Professional Regulation
Email: [email protected]
Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions, and Professional Regulation Licensing Section
PO Box 690
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0690
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is
subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.