NEBRASKA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Nebraska:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Front Line Fraud Prevention||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||PC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
Nebraska producers are required to take 24 hours of CE including 3 hours
of ethics every 2-year license term.
Licensees must renew on or before the last day of the licensee’s birth month every 2 years. Licensees who are born in an even year will renew on even years, those born in an odd year will renew on odd years. Producers cannot take a course more than once within 2-year license term. Nebraska does not allow excess CE credits to be carried forward into the next license term.
Students must take approved courses in the line of authority in which they are licensed in.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must hold a health and sickness and accident license and complete an initial 8 hours of state approved Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a state approved 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 2 years following the initial completion of the 8-hour training.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING - Nebraska licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Nebraska producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum by topic.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 1%.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2)
business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2)
business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour and a processing fee of $1.50 per course in order to report completions. These fees will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
A non-resident producer’s satisfaction of their home state’s CE
requirements shall constitute satisfaction of this state’s continuing education
requirements, if the non-resident producer’s home state recognizes Nebraska
continuing education requirements on the same basis.
The following are exempt from Nebraska CE requirements:
• Individuals who hold a limited-lines license for credit life/credit accident and health, auto mechanical breakdown, prepaid legal, motor club, prepaid dental, health maintenance organization, or unemployment credit insurance
• Nonresidents who are in good standing with his or her home state
90 days before the license expiration date the Nebraska Department of Insurance will mail a renewal notice to producers. The producer may either renew their license online here or send back the completed renewal form and payment of $60.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Nebraska Department of Insurance
Email: [email protected]
941 “O” St., Suite 400
Lincoln, NE 68508-3639
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.