NEVADA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Nevada:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
Licensed producers in Nevada are required to take 30 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 3-year license term. The Producer will be required to renew the first day of the month following the license issue date, every 3 years. No carry over credits are allowed and a student cannot take a course more than once in a 3-year license term.
Students may only take an approved course in the line of authority held to obtain their Continuing Education credits.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial, state approved, 8-hour Long Term Care Training course. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 24 months following the initial date of completion.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Nevada producers licensed in Fire and Casualty lines who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification
exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third
party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside
assistance. Proctors may be supervisors; however, they may not be relatives or
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a $1.00 fee per credit hour to report completions to the state. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
Continuing education provisions do not apply to a person who holds:
(a) A limited license issued pursuant to
NRS 683A.261; or (b) A license as a nonresident producer of insurance or a
nonresident insurance consultant.
The following are exempt from Nevada CE requirements:
• Licensees who have been continuously licensed as an insurance producer for 20 years
• Producers holding only limited lines licenses or, CIC, CLU, CPCU, ChFC, or CFP designations
Producers are encouraged to renew their license via electronic application
submission. Producers may also renew via paper applications. Electronic submissions are generally processed within 5 business days, while paper applications usually require a 4-week review time.
Licensees are encouraged to update their address and e-mail information using the electronic services of Sircon or NIPR.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Nevada Department of Insurance
Email: [email protected]
1818 E. College Pkwy, Ste. 103 Carson City, NV 89706
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.