New Hampshire Insurance Continuing Education Courses and Requirements


The following courses are currently available for New Hampshire:

Course NameCredit HoursLine of Authority
Anti Money-Laundering - Ethical Decision Making for Insurance Producers3.00Ethics
Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims3.00Ethics
Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law3.00Ethics
Front Line Fraud Prevention3.00Ethics
NFIP Flood Insurance3.00Flood
Indexed Product Training4.00Gen Pro
Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance13.00General
Principles of Life and Health Insurance12.00Life and Health
Distribution Planning4.00Life/Health
Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance4.00Life/Health
Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss5.00Life/Health
Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability6.00Life/Health
Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap4.00Life/Health
Retirement Planning4.00Life/Health
Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks5.00Life/Health
Annuity Suitability and Best Interest Standard Training4.00Life/Health/Annuity
Long Term Care Certification Training8.00LTC
LTC Certification Refresher4.00LTC
Businessowners Policy (BOP)4.00Property/Casualty
Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability4.00Property/Casualty
Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks7.00Property/Casualty



• New Hampshire licensed Producers are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term.

The license term ends on the last day of the licensee’s birth month at least 13 months, but not more than 25 months, from the effective date of the license and every 2 years thereafter. Adjusters must renew biennially on 10/1. Producers must complete their continuing education 60 days prior the license expiration date to avoid penalty. New Hampshire does not allow excess credits to be carried forward into the next licensing period.



Producers may take any producer approved course, they may not take courses approved for adjusters only. Not more than 10 credits out of the 24 required may be in the category of ethics.



• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance, producers must be licensed with a Life/Accident and Health or Sickness, or Life license and must complete an 8-hour course in Long Term Care Partnership Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 2-year license term following the initial completion date of the 8-hour training.

• ANNUITY TRAINING – Producers must complete a one-time, 4-hour annuity suitability course before participating in the sale of annuity products.

• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – New Hampshire licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.



• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better.

• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.

• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.


Students may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported typically within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.



Nonresidents who have completed their CE requirement in their home state will be deemed compliant for New Hampshire’s continuing education requirement. Nonresident public adjusters who are not required to take CE in their home state must comply with New Hampshire’s public adjuster CE requirement. Nonresident multi-line and workers’ compensation adjusters are exempt from the CE requirement based on their designated homes state or the state in which they reside.


The following are exempt from New Hampshire CE requirements:

• Title insurance producers

• Producers holding any limited or restricted licenses

• Producers holding limited lines licenses for which an exam is not required

• All licensees who are renewing a license for the first time

• Nonresidents who are compliant with their home states CE requirement

• Nonresident multi-line and workers' compensation adjusters are exempt


Producers will receive a renewal notice by mail to the address on file with the department 60 days prior to the expiration date. Producers holding major lines of authority must be compliant with their CE prior to renewing their license. Renewing a license prior to 60 days will not be allowed and it is the producer’s responsibility to renew their license in the allotted time, regardless if a renewal letter has been received.



New Hampshire Insurance Department

Phone: 603-271-0203 or 877-224-0227

Fax: 603-271-7029


Email: [email protected]

Mailing Address:
New Hampshire Insurance Department
Licensing Division
21 South Fruit St., Ste 14
Concord, NH 03301
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.