NEW JERSEY CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for New Jersey:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
• New Jersey licensed Producers are required to take 24 hours of CE,
including 3 hours of ethics/fraud prevention, every 2-year license term.
The license term for both Producers and Adjusters ends at the end of the birth month every other year. Producers cannot take a course more than once within 2-year license term. New Jersey does not allow excess credits to be carried forward into the next licensing period.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their
Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses
pertaining to their license type. Public Adjusters are required to take course
specifically approved for their line of authority.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING – Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete a course in 8 hours of NAIC Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 2- year license term following the initial completion date of the 8-hour training.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – New Jersey producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – New Jersey licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – No certification exam is required to generate a certificate.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 70%.
• POST-COURSE ATTESTATION – The student is required to complete the post-course attestation by clicking the “Get Certificate” link located in the My Status section of the Main Menu.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
Nonresidents who have completed their CE requirement in their home state
will be deemed compliant for New Jersey’s continuing education requirement. If
a nonresident has not taken a NAIC training course in another state, then they
must comply with New Jersey’s LTC training requirement. Nonresident adjusters
who have satisfied their home state CE requirements will be deemed complaint
for New Jersey’s CE requirement.
The following are exempt from New Jersey CE requirements:
• Nonresident producers in good standing with their home state
• Nonresident producers who have completed the NAIC training requirement in another state
Licenses for both resident and nonresident producers can be renewed
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance
Phone: (609) 292-4337 or (609) 633-0818 ext. 50552
Fax: (609) 984-5263
Email: [email protected]
20 W State St P.O. Box 325 Trenton, NJ 08625
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.