OHIO CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Ohio:
|Line of Authority
|Anti-Money Laundering - Ethical Decision Making for Insurance Producers
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law
|Front Line Fraud Prevention
|Indexed Product Training
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks
|Annuity Suitability and Best Interest Standard Training
|Best Interest 4 Hour
|Long Term Care Certification Training
|LTC Certification Refresher
|NFIP Flood Insurance
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks
Producers in Ohio are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term. License terms are based on the last day of the producer’s birth month every 2 years. Up to 12 continuing education credits may be carried over to the next license term. Producers may not take a course more than once in a 2-year license term.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority in order to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Ohio licensed producers who sell National
Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Ohio licensed producers who sell annuity products must complete a one-time four (4)-credit Annuity Suitability Best Interest Standard course. The ExamFX Annuity Suitability Best Interest Standard course satisfies this requirement.
A producer with a life license and who desires to sell annuities, must complete a 4-hour annuity suitability best interest course approved by the department and given by an approved education provider.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance, they must complete an initial 8 hours of Long-Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 2 years following the initial completion of the 8-hour training.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification
exam with a 70% or better.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported typically with within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a $1.00 fee per credit hour to report your completion. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
**Producers need to have their continuing education hours posted prior to their expiration date and prior to renewing their license. Please plan accordingly to avoid a lapse in licensure. **
Nonresident producers are not required to take CE if they have completed CE in their home state and remain in good standing. If nonresident producers have not taken a NAIC LTC training course in another state, they must take Ohio’s LTC training requirement.
The following are exempt from Ohio CE requirements:
• Producers holding a limited authority license
• Nonresident Producers
• Nonresident Producers who completed a NAIC LTC training course in another state are exempt from taking the special training requirement in Ohio
• Producers granted inactive license status by the State Director of Insurance
Producers can renew their license here
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Ohio Department of Insurance
Email: [email protected]
50 W. Town St.
Third Floor - Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43215
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their state's requirements.