OHIO CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Ohio:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Gen|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||General|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||NFIP Flood|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers in Ohio are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours
of ethics, every 2-year license term. License terms are based on the last day
of the producer’s birth month every 2 years. Up to 12 continuing education
credits may be carried over to the next license term.
Producers may not take a course more than once in a 2-year license term.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority in order to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Ohio licensed producers who sell National
Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Ohio producers must take a one-time, 4-hour stat approved annuity training course before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial 8 hours of Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 2 years following the initial completion of the 8-hour training.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification
exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third
party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a $1.50 fee per course in order to report completions to the state. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
**Ohio state law allows providers 15 days to report student’s credit hours. Producers need to have their continuing education hours posted prior to their expiration date and prior to renewing their license. Please plan accordingly to avoid a lapse in licensure. **
Nonresident producers are not required to take CE if they have completed CE in their home state and remain in good standing. If nonresident producers have not taken a NAIC LTC training course in another state, they must take Ohio’s LTC training requirement.
The following are exempt from Ohio CE requirements:
• Producers holding a limited authority license
• Nonresident Producers
• Nonresident Producers who completed a NAIC LTC training course in another state are exempt from taking the special training requirement in Ohio
• Producers granted inactive license status by the State Director of Insurance
Producers can renew their license here
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Ohio Department of Insurance Phone: 614-644-2665
Email: [email protected]
50 W. Town St.
Third Floor - Suite 300 Columbus, OH 43215
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.