OKLAHOMA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Oklahoma:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Expiration Date||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||6/8/2040||Ethics|
|Front Line Fraud Prevention||3.00||6/8/2040||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||12/31/2040||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||12/31/2040||General|
|Oklahoma 2017 Legislative Update||2.00||12/31/2040||LEG|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||12/31/2040||Life and Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||6/8/2040||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||12/31/2040||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||12/31/2040||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||6/8/2040||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||12/31/2040||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||12/31/2040||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||12/31/2040||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||6/8/2040||LTC|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||12/31/2040||PROGEN|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||12/31/2040||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||6/8/2040||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||12/31/2040||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||12/31/2040||Property/Casualty|
Producers must complete 24 hours of continuing education every 2 year
licensing term, including 3 hours of ethics. Producers must also include a 2
hour Oklahoma-approved course on the topic of legislative updates.
Producers who hold a Property line of authority must complete 1 hour of
Earthquake training which may be included as part of the 24 hour requirement.
License terms are every 2 years, based on the last day of the producer’s birth month.
Oklahoma allows a maximum of 6 excess credit hours to be carried forward into the next license term. Excess hours may also be applied to bring a lapsed license into compliance. All hours will be carried forward as general credit. A course may not be repeated for credit within 2 years of the original completion date.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type. Adjusters must take courses approved for adjuster credit only. ExamFX courses are NOT approved for Adjuster credit at this time.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours before they may begin selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING – Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial, NAIC state approved, 8 hours of Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour training requirement every 24 months thereafter. If a producer satisfies this training requirement in another state, they will be deemed compliant for the Oklahoma requirement.
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum topic by topic. Students must access all reading content and attempt all Study by Topic quizzes.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 70%.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour and a processing fee of $1.50 per course in order to report completions. These fees will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
If the producer has not taken a NAIC LTC and/or annuity training course in another state, the nonresident producer must comply with the Oklahoma training requirements. Nonresident producers who have satisfied the CE requirements in their home state will be deemed compliant with Oklahoma’s requirement. Nonresident adjusters are required to comply with Oklahoma’s CE requirement:
• Nonresidents must be licensed and in good standing as a nonresident adjuster in Oklahoma and completing Oklahoma’s continuing education requirement by an approved provider.
• Nonresidents must be licensed and in good standing as a resident adjuster in a state that has a continuing education requirement for adjusters.
Nonresident licensees can renew their licenses here.
The following are exempt from Oklahoma CE requirements:
• Nonresident producers
• Nonresident adjusters whose license is in good standing and who have completed the continuing education requirements for their home state
• A life insurance producer who is also operating as a viatical settlement broker is not subject to the viatical settlement broker continuing education requirements.
• Limited insurance representatives
Resident & nonresident producers can renew here: http://www.nipr.com/
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Phone: 405-521-2828 or 800-522-0071
Web site: http://www.ok.gov/oid/
Oklahoma Insurance Department Licensing Division
P.O. Box 53408
Oklahoma City, OK 73152-3408
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.