PENNSYLVANIA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Pennsylvania:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Annuity Suitability|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Gen|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC/LTCP|
|Long Term Care Refresher||4.00||LTC/LTCP|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
• Producers licensed in Pennsylvania must complete 24 hours of CE every 2-year license term.
Ethics credits are not required for successful completion of PA continuing education. Students must renew and have met all their CE requirements either before or on the expiration day of their license. The license term ends every 2 years on the last day of the licensee’s birth month. Licensees may carry over a maximum of 24 hours into the next license term. A course cannot be repeated for credit more than once in a 2-year licensing period.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING- Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long
Term Care Insurance, they must complete an initial 8 hours of a state approved
Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a state approved 4-hour
training requirement every 2-year license term following the initial training. For those who sell Long Term Care Partnership products, the initial 8-hour training must include 1 hour that is related to the Medicaid Assistance Program.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Pennsylvania licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• ANNUITY SUITABILITY TRAINING – Pennsylvania licensed producers who sell annuity products are required to take a 4-hour course on annuity suitability to be included in their continuing education requirement. Effective December 26, 2018.
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum by topic.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 1%.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2)
business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2)
business days of the certificate having been issued. The state
charges $5.00 per course in order to report completions. This fee is charged to the student before the certification exam may be accessed.
Nonresidents are exempt from all CE requirements in Pennsylvania. A nonresident who has completed the initial long-term care training in another state with a substantially similar requirement will be deemed compliant with Pennsylvania’s requirement.
The following are exempt from Pennsylvania CE requirements:
• Producers licensed prior to January 1, 1971, who have been continuously licensed without adding additional lines of authority
• Producers whose only line of authority is a limited line
• Surplus Lines licensees
• Nonresident insurance producers excluding Title producers
Individuals exempted by the commissioner due to hardship or good cause such as disability or a medical condition
• Individuals who first obtained licenses without examination under Section 609(c) of the Fraternal Benefit Societies Code and whose appointments are limited to fraternal benefit societies
• Nonresident Public Adjusters CE requirement will be reciprocal with their home state.
Licensees will renew their license through Sircon and pay all renewal fees by the due dates or the license will lapse. Lapsed licenses cannot be renewed online at this time. Information on lapsed license can be found here.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Pennsylvania Insurance Department Phone: 717-787-3840
Email: [email protected]
Pennsylvania Insurance Department Bureau of Producer Services
1209 Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA 17120
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to
make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.