RHODE ISLAND CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Rhode Island:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Anti Money-Laundering - Ethical Decision Making for Insurance Producers||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Front Line Fraud Prevention||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||L|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability and Best Interest Standard Training||4.00||Annuity Suitability|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||PC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers in Rhode Island must take 24 hours of continuing education, 3 of those hours being in ethics, every 2-year license term. The date for license renewals will fall on the last day of the producer’s birth month, every 2 years. A maximum of 12 excess credits will be carried forward into the next license term; excess ethics credits will be carried forward as general credit. Courses may not be repeated within a 2-year license term.
Producers must complete a minimum of 5 hours in each line of authority they are licensed in.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING – Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial, state approved, 8-hour Long Term Care Training course. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 24 months thereafter, following the initial date of completion.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Rhode Island producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Rhode Island licensed producers who sell flood insurance are required to take a 3-hour one-time course approved for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum topic by topic. Students must access all reading content and attempt all Study by Topic quizzes.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who is a manager or training representative certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 70%.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour and a processing fee of $1.50 per course in order to report completions. These fees will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
If you have satisfied the continuing education requirements of your home state, Rhode Island will consider that as satisfaction of the continuing education requirements. Nonresidents must complete the same training for LTC and Annuities as residents if they have not done so in their home state.
The following individuals are exempt from Rhode Island CE requirements:
• Residents holding licenses for which a licensing exam is not required
• Limited line credit insurance licensees
• Adjusters and appraisers
• Nonresident licensees who meet the CE requirements established by the insurance department in their home state.
• Individuals who are at least 55 years old at the time of renewal and have been licensed continuously for 25 years without lapse.
• Individuals who are at least 60 years old by July 3, 2004 and have been licensed continuously for at least 20 years without lapse at the time of renewal.
Producers must renew their license here http://www.nipr.com/.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation Phone: 401-462-9520
Web site: www.dbr.state.ri.us
State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations Department of Business Regulation
1511 Pontiac Ave., Bldg. 69-2
Cranston, RI 02920
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.