TENNESSEE CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Tennessee:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life/Health/Accident/Annuities/Variable|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||PC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
• Tennessee Producers licensed in L&H, P&C, Public Adjusters or Multi-Peril Crop Adjusters are required to take 24 hours of CE including 3 hours of ethics every 2-year license term.
• Combination Multi-Peril Crop Adjuster and Life and Health OR Property and Casualty must take 48 hours including 4 hours of ethics every two-year license term.
Licensees must renew on or before the last day of the licensee’s birth month every 2 years. Licensees who are born in an even year will renew on even years, those born in an odd year will renew on odd years. Producers cannot take a course more than once within 2 calendar years from the initial completion date. **Please check your SBS transcript if you are a producer in your first licensing period. Your CE compliance period may be longer than 2 calendar years
Not more than 12 CE credits may be carried over as general credits to the next licensing term.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Before a Producer may sell or solicit an annuity product, the producer must first complete a one-time four (4) credit annuity product training course approved by the department of insurance.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING- Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial 8 hours of Long Term Care Training.
Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 24 months following the initial completion of the 8-hour training.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING- Tennessee licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour and a processing fee of $1.50 per course in order to report completions. These fees will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
A non-resident producer’s satisfaction of their home state’s CE requirements shall constitute satisfaction of this state’s continuing education requirements, if the non-resident producer’s home state recognizes Tennessee’s continuing education requirements on the same basis. The commissioner may, within his/her sole discretion, enter into reciprocity agreements with other state’s insurance regulators to grant recognition to the continuing education credits received from other jurisdictions for non-resident insurance producers.
The following are exempt from Tennessee CE requirements:
• Limited Lines producers
• Public adjusters licensed less than 1 full year
• Producers who have been continuously licensed since January 1, 1994.
• Nonresident public adjusters who have met the CE requirements in their home state, which MUST reciprocate with TN, are not required to complete CE requirements for Tennessee.
Producers who have continuously been licensed since January 1, 1994 will still be required to complete the initial LTC training; however, they are exempt from the 4-hour ongoing training.
Producers can renew their license here: https://pdb.nipr.com/erl/start.jsp
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Tennessee Department of Insurance Phone: 615-741-2241
Email: [email protected]
Tennessee Department of Insurance Producer Licensing Section
500 James Robertson Parkway
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.