- EXAMFX'S COVID-19 UPDATE: Visit Latest News for more information
Utah Insurance Continuing Education Courses and Requirements
UTAH CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Utah:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Anti-Money Laundering (Self-study)||2.00||Ethics|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims (Self-study)||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law (Classroom equivalent)||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance (Self-study)||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training (Self-study)||4.00||Life|
|Distribution Planning (Self-study)||4.00||Life/Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance (Classroom equivalent)||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss (Classroom equivalent)||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability (Classroom equivalent)||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap (Self-study)||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance (Self-study)||12.00||Life/Health|
|Retirement Planning (Classroom equivalent)||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks (Classroom equivalent)||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training (Self-study)||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training (Self-study)||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher (Self-study)||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP) (Self-study)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability (Self-study)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks (Classroom equivalent)||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance (Self-study)||13.00||Property/Casualty|
Agents and adjusters in Utah must take 24 hours of continuing education each two (2) year renewal period, three (3) of the 24 hours being in ethics. The license renewal date is two (2) years at the end of the licensee’s birth month. All CE must be completed before submitting the renewal application. A course may not be taken more than once in any 2-year license renewal period.
Producers MUST complete at least 50% (12 hours) of their required CE in certified classroom or classroom equivalent courses. Up to 12 hours of CE may be completed with self-study
Title producers must complete 12 hours of continuing education each two (2) year renewal period, three (3) of the 12 hours being in ethics. 50% of the required hours must be completed in certified classroom or classroom equivalent courses.
Utah producers can take CE courses in any line of authority. Three (3) of the 24 hours must be in ethics.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING – Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long
Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial, state approved, 3-hour Long
Term Care Training course. After completing the initial 3-hour Long Term Care
Training Requirement, producers who continue to sell LTC insurance products
must complete 3 hours of Long Term Care CE every license period thereafter.
• ANNUITY SUITABILITY TRAINING – Insurers are responsible for educating
producers who participate in the sale of annuities. No specific hours are
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Utah licensed producers who sell flood insurance are required to take a 5-hour one-time course approved for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported typically within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a $1.50 fee per credit hour in order to report completions to the state. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
If you have satisfied the continuing education requirements of your home state, Utah will consider that as satisfaction of the continuing education requirements.
• Producers who was first licensed before December 31, 1982 may be exempt from continuing education requirements.
• Producers whose license lapses due to military service, voluntary service for a period of time designated by the person for whom the licensee provides service, or other extenuating circumstances (i.e. medical disability), may be exempt from continuing education requirements
• Producers who maintain the following designations: CLU, ChFC and RHU with completion of the PACE program, CPCU with completion of the CPD program, CFP, REBC, CIC, ACSR, CRM, SOFE, or IRES with completion of their continuing education requirements.
• Nonresident producers who have met the continuing education requirements of their home state.
Producers should receive a notice by email 60 days prior to license expiration. Producers must renew their license via electronic renewal application. Paper renewals are no longer accepted. Resident producers may renew their license electronically via Sircon or via NIPR.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Utah Department of Insurance Phone: 801-538-3855
Web site: www.insurance.utah.gov
State Office Building Ste 3110 Capitol Hill Complex
450 N State St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6901
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.