VERMONT CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Vermont:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Gen Pro|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||General|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
• Vermont licensed Producers are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term.
Vermont’s license term is 2 years ending March 31, in odd numbered years. No carry over credits are allowed and a student cannot take a course more than once in a 2-year license term.
Producers may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term CareInsurance, they must complete a state-approved, one-time 8-hour Long Term CareTraining course. Producers are also required to take 2 hours of Vermont specific LongTerm Care training, which may be included in the initial 8-hour course or taken on itsown. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement on or beforeMarch 31 of odd-numbered calendar years in order to stay in compliance.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Producers must complete a one-time, 4-hour annuity suitability course before participating in the sale of annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Vermont licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification
exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third
party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after
completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported to state
entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour and a processing fee of $1.50 per course in order to report completions. These fees will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
A nonresident producer who satisfies the continuing education requirements of their home state shall be deemed compliant with Vermont’s CE requirement. Non-residents of Vermont may satisfy NAIC LTC course requirements in another state, but they will need to take a 2 hour Vermont Medicaid course before they can begin soliciting products.
The following are exempt from VermontCE requirements:
• Producers licensed less than 2 years at the time of first renewal.
• Producers holding any limited or restricted licenses
• Limited Line Representatives, Title Insurance, Travel Accident, and Travel Baggage Insurance
• Property and Casualty adjusters.
• Nonresidents who are compliant with their home states CE requirement
• Public adjusters or crop adjusters
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Vermont Insurance Department of Financial Regulation
Email: [email protected]
Vermont Department of Financial Regulation
89 Main St. Drawer 20
Montpelier, VT 05620-3101
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.