WEST VIRGINIA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for West Virginia:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Anti Money-Laundering - Ethical Decision Making for Insurance Producers||3.00||Ethics|
|Annuity Suitability and Best Interest Standard Training||4.00||Annuity Best Interest|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||2.00||Ethics|
|Front Line Fraud Prevention||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||General|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||General|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
• Producers in West Virginia must take 24 hours of continuing education, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term.
The license expiration date is the last day of the producer’s birth month every two years. The compliance period for continuing education is two years ending on the license expiration date. West Virginia allows an excess of 6 credit hours to be carried forward into the next license term. Any excess ethics credits will be carried over as general credit. A course may not be taken for credit more than once in a 2-year license term.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING – Producers must complete initial 8-hour state approved LTC requirement before selling LTC products in the state of West Virginia. After completing the initial 8-hour training, producers must then take an ongoing 4-hour LTC training course every 2 years from the initial completion date.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – West Virginia producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – West Virginia licensed producers who sell flood insurance are required to take a 3-hour one-time course approved for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported typically within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a $1.40 fee per credit hour to report your completion. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
If you have satisfied the continuing education requirements of your home state, you do not need to comply with West Virginia’s CE requirement.
• Individuals licensed only for limited lines credit
• A newly licensed individual who received a license on or after July 1 of the second year of a biennium (exempt for the first reporting period)
• Individuals holding limited lines licenses for which an exam is not required
• Individuals holding any limited or restricted license that the commissioner may declare exempt
Notice for renewal will be sent to resident producers and adjusters 60 days prior to the expiration date of the license to the address on file with the West Virginia’s Insurance Commissioner’s Office. Renewals can be done by paper or online here. Online license print is available here. License cards are no longer printed and mailed from the Insurance Commissioner’s office. **Nonresident adjusters who obtained their license by taking the EV adjuster exam cannot renew online. They must submit the paper renewal from and check.**
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner Phone: 304-558-0610
Email: [email protected]
West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner Agents Licensing & Education
P.O. Box 50540 Charleston, WV 25305
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.