WISCONSIN CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Wisconsin:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|WI Long-Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|WI LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Wisconsin Long-Term Care Partnership and Medicaid||2.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
• Producers in Wisconsin are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2 year license term.
• No credits can be carried over into the next license term and a course cannot be repeated for credit more than once in a 2 year license term.
• Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING: Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance, they must complete an 8-hour state approved LTC training course, two hours of which must be specific to Wisconsin's Medicaid program. Producers must then complete an ongoing 4-hour LTC training course each biennium after, one hour of which must be specific to Wisconsin's Medicaid program. Non-resident producers who have taken and completed another state's LTC Partnership must complete a 2-hour Wisconsin Specific Medicaid Training Course before selling or soliciting Long Term Care Partnership products in Wisconsin. Moreover, those non-residents who complete the ongoing training requirement in another state must also take a 1-hour Wisconsin Specific Medicaid Training Course.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING: Wisconsin licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3 hour course on Flood Insurance.
• ANNUITY TRAINING: Wisconsin producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• LIFE SETTLEMENT BROKER: Producers who are applying for a Life Settlement Broker License must complete an 8 –hour training course. The course taken must comply with Wisconsin’s topic outline and state statutes and approved for the minimum number of credits allowed in Wisconsin. Ongoing 4-hour training is to be completed every 24 months.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. The state charges $1.00 per credit hour and Sircon charges $1.00 per course in order to report completions. These fees are charged to the student before the certification exam may be accessed.
Nonresident Producers are not required to comply with Wisconsin's CE requirements if they have completed CE in their home state and remain in good standing, EXCEPT for the Annuity and LTCP training.
• Resident Producers who hold an exclusive limited line insurance license for credit, legal expense, travel, and title insurance.
• Nonresidents are not required to supply the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance with evidence of completing continuing education in their home states.
Producers will receive a renewal notice in the mail from the Wisconsin Department of Insurance 60 days prior to fees being due. Licensees must pay the biennial regulation fee to continue practicing in the insurance industry. Producers who do not have the required CE posted on or before the license expiration date will have their license revoked.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Wisconsin Department of Insurance
Email: [email protected]
Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
125 S. Webster St.
Madison, WI 53703-3474
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.