WYOMING CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Wyoming:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||General|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||General|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers in Wyoming are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, every 2-year license term. Wyoming’s license term is 2 years ending on the last day of the licensee’s birth month. No carry over credits are allowed and a student cannot take a course more than once in a 2-year license term.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance, they must complete an initial 8-hour Long Term Care Training course. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 24-month period following the completion of the initial training in order to stay in compliance.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING - Producers must complete a one-time 4-hour annuity training course in order to sell annuities in the State of Wyoming.
• ANNUITY TRAINING - Wyoming licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum by topic.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or
better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies
that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 1%.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a $1.00 fee per credit hour to report completions to the state. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
A licensee who is not a resident of this State, who resides in a state
or district having continuing education requirements which meet or exceed this
State’s requirements, need only comply with his resident state’s requirements
(c) An adjuster who is not a resident of this state, who resides in a state or
district having continuing education requirements shall: (i) Complete the
resident state’s requirements; (d) An adjuster who is not a resident of this
state, who resides in a state or
The following are exempt from Wyoming CE requirements:
• Producers who hold limited producers license
• Individuals licensed for credit life and credit disability
• Individuals licensed for funeral service contracts
• Nonresident producers
To renew your license online, please visit the Wyoming Sircon portal. Licenses may be renewed up to 90 days prior to the respective expiration date.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Wyoming Insurance Department Phone: 307-777-7319
Email: [email protected]
Mailing Address: Wyoming Insurance Department
106 E. 6th Ave.
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0440
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.