FLORIDA CE COURSES
The following courses have been approved by the Florida Department of Financial Services for insurance continuing education credit. Provider number is 365552.
|Course Name and Course Approval Number||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Indexed Product Training (98114)||7.00||Life & Variable Ann|
|Anti-Money Laundering (93853)||2.00||General|
|Distribution Planning (81954)||4.00||Life/Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance (81957)||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss (81958)||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability (81959)||6.00||Life/Health|
|Long Term Care Certification Training (81974)||8.00||Life/Health|
|LTC Certification Refresher (81976)||4.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap (81977)||4.00||Life/Health|
|Retirement Planning (81980)||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks (81982)||5.00||Life/Health|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP) (81952)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability (81953)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|NFIP Flood Insurance (96195)||3.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks (81978)||7.00||Property/Casualty|
• For producers of Life and Health (2-14 Life and Variable Annuity, 2-15 Life, Health and Variable Annuity, 2-16 Life Only, 2-18 Life and Health) AND/OR Property and Casualty (2-20) AND/OR Adjusters licensed less than 6 years: Florida requires that each producer complete 24 hours of continuing education including a state- approved and license-specific 4 Hour Law and Ethics Update course every two-year license term. ExamFX does not offer the 4 Hour Law and Ethics Update courses.
• For producers of Life and Health (2-14 Life and Variable Annuity, 2-15 Life, Health and Variable Annuity, 2-16 Life Only, 2-18 Life and Health) AND/OR Property and Casualty (2-20) AND/OR Adjusters licensed 6 years or more: Florida requires that each producer complete 20 hours of continuing education including a state- approved and license-specific 4 Hour Law and Ethics Update course every two-year license term. ExamFX does not offer the 4 hour Law & Ethics Update courses.
Producers must complete their continuing education by the last day of their birth month each 24- month licensing period.
For additional details on your compliance start period, please click
Excess hours accumulated during any 2-year compliance period may be carried forward to the next compliance period.
Producers may take any course that the Florida Department of Insurance
has approved for continuing education.
Producers may not repeat the same course within a (2) two year period and receive continuing education credit.
Courses must be taken in the lines of authority held. For LH/PC licensed producers, 50% must be taken in each line.
The required 4 Hour Law and Ethics Update course must be completed for one of the Florida insurance licenses the agent holds. ExamFX does not offer the 4 hour Law & Ethics Update courses.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Florida Property and Casualty producers who sell federal flood insurance policies must take and complete a one-time 3-hour course on the subject of or relating to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) training.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING – Before selling LTC Partnership products in Florida, producers must complete a one time, 8-hour course of approved LTCP training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every two-year license term.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better.
TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes
are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are usually reported within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
Nonresidents must meet the Florida CE requirements. To see a list of
states that meet the Florida CE requirements, please click here: https://www.myfloridacfo.com/division/agents/licensing/agents-and-adjusters/reciprocating-states/non-res-all-lines-adjr-reciprocity
Nonresident producers that meet these requirements are exempt from the Florida CE requirement.
The following are exempt from Florida CE Requirements:
• Those who hold the following limited line licenses are exempt from Florida state requirements: dental representative, motor vehicle physical damage and mechanical breakdown agent, crop hail, and multiple peril crop agent.
• Those officials or employees of a government entity and who occupational description requires current knowledge of insurance issues are exempt from Florida CE requirements.
• Those non-resident producers or adjusters who meet CE requirements in their reciprocal state are exempt. A letter of certification must be provided or the Florida Department must be able to locate the producer in the National Association of Insurance Commissioners’ database in order to prove compliance. For a list of compliant states, please click here: https://www.myfloridacfo.com/division/agents/licensing/agents-and-adjusters/reciprocating-states/non-res-all-lines-adjr-reciprocity
Florida agent and adjuster licenses are perpetual, which means there is no license renewal. However, perpetual license statuses only apply to licenses that either require and hold a current appointment or do not require an appointment. Failure to complete continuing education requirements may result in cancellation of an appointment that could lead to termination of the license.
Florida licenses will expire if those licensees go for more than 48 months without an appointment.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Florida Department of Financial Services
General Phone: 1-877-MY-FL-CFO (1-877-693-5236)
Out of State Phone: (850) 413-3089
Continuing Education Phone: 850-413-3137
CE Email: [email protected]
Mailing Address: Bureau of Licensing
200 East Gaines St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0319
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.