GEORGIA CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Georgia:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||2.00||Life|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||8.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||8.00||Property and Casualty|
• Life/Health, Property/Casualty, Adjusters (Crop-Hail, Public and General) Producers in Georgia that have been licensed less than 20 years, are required to take 24 hours of CE, 3 of those hours being in ethics, every 2-year license term. If the previous have been licensed for 20 years or more only 20 hours of CE is required, 3 of those hours being in ethics, every 2-year license term.
The license term ends every 2 years on the last day of the licensee’s birth month. Some licensees may receive a renewed license for a term lesser than 24 months for the 2014 and 2015 renewal cycle; they will have a pro-rated renewal fee. To see details and to view the two year transitional renewal form, please click here. Up to 50% of the total continuing education requirement may be carried over to the next license term. Ethics credits will be carried over as general credits. Courses may not be repeated for credit more than once in a 2-year license term.
Producers must take courses in the line of authority in which they hold
a license. Dual licensed Life and Health/Property and Casualty agents may take
any combination of either authority in which they are licensed in order to
complete their continuing education requirements.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING - Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance they must complete a state-approved course in 8 hours of initial Long Term Care Training. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 24 months following the initial completion of the 8-hour training.
• MEDICAID TRAINING – Residents and nonresidents who have completed another state’s Long Term Care Partnership training will need to complete a 2 hour Georgia specific Medicaid training course.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING - Georgia licensed producers who sell National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• ANNUITY TRAINING: As of March 1, 2016 Georgia licensed producers must complete a state approved one-time 4-hour training course before selling annuities.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2)
business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2)
business days of the certificate having been issued.
Individuals holding a non-resident license who are required to meet
continuing education in their state of residence will be considered in
compliance with the continuing education requirements under this chapter,
provided the non-resident licensee’s home state reciprocates with Georgia
licensees in the same manner. Nonresident licensees must provide a Status
Letter (issued within 90 days) with their license renewals.
If the nonresident agent has completed a non-Georgia approved long term care partnership course for a minimum of six (6) hours, regardless of whether the long term care partnership course has a state specific Medicaid requirement, said agent must complete a minimum of a two (2) hour course covering Georgia specific Medicaid provisions to meet the full requirement for Georgia long term care partnership agent training requirements.
The following are exempt from Georgia CE requirements:
• Nonresident adjusters
• Producers holding a CFP, CLU, CPCU, ChFC, FLMI, CIC, CEBS, AAI, CRM, or a major BBA in Risk Management and Insurance from an accredited college must complete 12 hours of CE including 6 hours of ethics every two years.
To renew a license, click here. If a producer does not renew within the 30-day grace period, there will be an additional late fee of $50 with the regular renewal fee, the license will expire. Licenses may be renewed as early as two months before the licensee’s birth month. Adjusters must renew their licenses between October 1st and December 31st at a fee of $80. If it is not renewed by the 1st of January, the license will expire.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commission
Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commission 908 West Tower Floyd Building 2 Martin Luther King, JR. Blvd Atlanta GA 30334
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.