OREGON CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Oregon:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||PC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property and Casualty|
Producers in Oregon must take 24 hours of continuing education, 3 of those hours being in ethics, and 3 hours in Oregon statutes and administrative rules, every 2-year renewal cycle. CE hours are due by the last day of the renewal month, every 2 years. Courses may not be repeated within a 2- year license term.
Oregon producers may take CE courses in any line of authority. Three (3)
of the 24 hours must be in ethics and three (3) of the 24 hours must be in
Oregon statutes and administrative rules. ExamFX does not have ANY course that satisfies the 3-hour statutes and administrative rules requirement.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING – Before a Producer can sell or solicit Long
Term Care Insurance they must complete an initial, state approved, 8-hour Long
Term Care Training course. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training
requirement every 2 years following the initial date of completion. The
required training counts toward the 24-hour requirement to renew the license if
it is an Oregon-approved course or if training from another state meets Oregon
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Any Oregon producer who sells annuity must take a one-time course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products. The required training counts toward the 24-hour requirement to renew the license if it is an Oregon- approved course or if training from another state meets Oregon requirements.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Oregon licensed producers who sell flood insurance are required to take a 3-hour one-time course approved for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). If this course has been approved for Oregon continuing education credit it may be counted toward the 24 hours needed to renew the license.
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum topic by
topic. Students must access all reading content and attempt all Study by Topic
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 70%.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2)
business days. Completions are reported to typically within two (2)
business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a state charge of $1.00 per credit hour. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
If you have satisfied the continuing education requirements of your home state, Oregon will consider that as satisfaction of the continuing education requirements.
The following individuals are exempt from Oregon CE requirements:
• Adjuster licensees or consultants are not required to complete continuing education.
• Nonresident producers who have met the continuing education requirements of their home state.
Producers must renew their license here http://www.nipr.com/.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Oregon Division of Financial Regulation Phone: 503-947-7981
Web site: http://www.oregon.gov/DCBS/Insurance/Pages/index.aspx
P.O Box 14480 Salem, OR 9730-3883
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.