FINRA® Securities Industry Essentials SIE Exam Prep Training & Study Materials
Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) Exam Prep
Rated "Best Overall" By Investopedia
ExamFX has created a comprehensive online training program to ensure candidates are prepared to pass their exam on the first attempt. We have a variety of study packages available to fit every learning preference and budget.
RETAIL PACKAGES STARTING AT
Learn about our Pass Guarantee ›
Register Now › Organization Discounts Available Contact your referring manager or recruiter for information on how to access your organization's portal.
SIE Training Package Comparison
We offer flexible solutions and packages for every learning preference, specifically designed to help candidates pass their SIE exam. Our training provides a variety of helpful study tools that prepares candidates for success.
|SELF-STUDY PACKAGE||VIDEO STUDY PACKAGE||LIVE ONLINE PACKAGE|
|$99.95 - REGISTER NOW||$139.95 - REGISTER NOW||$209.95 BEST VALUE REGISTER NOW SEE CALENDAR|
|90 Days Course Access|
|Interactive Learning Portal|
|Online Exam Simulations|
|OnDemand Video Lectures|
|Live Online Training|
What is the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam?
The SIE exam assesses a candidate's basic knowledge of the securities industry. The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) requires that all candidates must pass both the SIE exam and a representative (Rep Level) Top-Off exam. The SIE exam focuses on industry terminology, securities products, the structure and function of the markets, regulatory agencies and their function, and regulated and prohibitive practices.
VIEW FINRA SIE EXAM CONTENT OUTLINE
About the Securities Industry Essentials Exam
What are the topics covered on the SIE exam?
The SIE exam, which is an introductory level exam, consisting of 75 questions and is broken down into four parts. These topics include:
- Knowledge of Capital Markets
- Understanding Products and Their Risks
- Understanding Trading, Customer Accounts, and Prohibited Activities
- Overview of Regulatory Framework
See below for more detailed breakdown or visit FINRA.
Regulatory Entities, Agencies and Market Participants
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Self-regulatory Organizations (SROs)
- Other Regulators and Agencies
- Market Participants and their Roles
- Types of Markets
- Economic Factors
- The Federal Reserve Board's Impact on Business Activity and Market Stability
- Business Economic Factors
- International Economic Factors
Understanding Products and Their Risks
- Equity Securities
- Debt Instruments
- Packaged Products
- Municipal Fund Securities
- Direct Participation Programs (DPPs)
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Hedge Funds
- Exchange-traded Products (ETPs)
- Definition and Identification of Risks
- Strategies for Mitigating Risk
Understanding Trading, Customer Accounts and Prohibited Activities
- Trading, Settlement and Corporate Actions
- Orders and Strategies
- Investment Returns
- Trade Settlement
- Corporate Actions
- Account Types and Characteristics
- Customer Account Registrations
- Anti-money Laundering (AML)
- Books and Records and Privacy Requirements
- Communications with the Public and General Suitability Requirements
- Market Munipulation
- Insider Trading
- Other Prohibited Activities
- Financial Exploitation of Seniors
- Activities of Unregistered Persons
- Falsifying or Withholding Documents
- Prohibited Activities related to maintenance of books and records (e.g. falsifying records and improper maintenance/retention of records)
Overview of Regulatory Framework
- Registration and Continuing Education
- Employee Conduct
- Reportable Events
Additional SIE Study Materials
ExamFX offers candidates all the study materials they need to be successful in passing their qualification exam. In addition to our online learning platform, we offer printed study materials that help candidates throughout their learning. Our Study Guide, Flash Cards and Tip Sheets can easily be added to any package during checkout.
ExamFX SIE packages include unlimited practice exams, designed to simulate the qualification exam. Learn more about these additional study materials by clicking below.
FINRA SIE Exam Details
The SIE exam consists of 75 multiple-choice questions. Candidates are given 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete the exam and must achieve a 70% to pass. The cost of the exam is $60.