Securities Exam Prep Series 24
FINRA® Series 24 Exam Prep
ExamFX has created a comprehensive online training program to ensure candidates are prepared to pass their qualification exam on the first attempt. We have a variety of study packages available to fit every learning preference and budget.
RETAIL PACKAGES STARTING AT
Organization Discounts AvailableDiscount pricing may be available with qualifying manager email, discount code, or by visiting your specific organization's page.
Series 24 Training Package Comparison
We offer flexible solutions and packages designed to help candidates pass their Series 24 exam. Our training provides a variety of helpful study tools that prepares candidates for success.
What is the Series 24 license?
The Series 24 license allows individuals responsible for the management or supervision of a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) member's investment banking or securities business. It qualifies the individual as the General Securities Principal.
VIEW FINRA SERIES 24 EXAM CONTENT OUTLINE
About the Series 24 Exam
What are the topics covered on the Series 24 Exam?
The Series 24 exam is broken down into four parts (by job function). These topics include:
- Regulatory fundamentals and business development
- Supervision of registration of broker-dealer and personnel management activities
- Supervision of general broker-dealer activities
- Supervision of retail and institutional customer-related activities
- Supervision of investment banking and research
See below for a more detailed breakdown or visit FINRA.
Supervision of registration of broker-dealer and personnel management activities
- Initiate or terminate the registration of the broker-dealer and physical office locations in the Central Registration Depository (CRD) System by filing, updating or amending appropriate documents
- Conduct hiring and registration of associated persons and maintenance of registration
Supervision of broker-dealer activities
- Develop, implement and update firm’s policies, written supervisory procedures (WSP) and controls for applicable rules and regulations; and implement appropriate monitoring and testing
- Supervise the conduct of associated persons
- Supervise compensation practices of member, associated persons and other parties
- Supervise the development, evaluation and delivery of products and services offered by the broker-dealer
- Take disciplinary or corrective actions relating to the conduct of associated persons; address regulatory actions regarding violations or potential violations of securities industry laws, rules and regulations; and address customer and industry disputes
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and controls relating to the creation and retention of books and records
- Supervise compliance with financial responsibility requirements and funding and cash management
Supervision of retail and institutional customer-related activities
- Supervise new account opening and ongoing maintenance of existing accounts
- Monitor, review and approve speaking engagements and other communications with the public
- Review securities transactions, recommendations and account activity, and verify that required disclosures are made
Supervision of trading and market making activities
- Supervise order entry, routing and execution
- Confirm proper booking and settlement of trade
- Review executions for compliance with trade reporting requirements
Supervision of investment banking and research
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and controls; and supervise related investment banking activities
- Review and approve investor disclosure materials, pitch books and marketing materials
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and controls; and supervise activities relating to research
FINRA Series 24 Exam Details
The Series 24 exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions. Candidates are given 3 hours and 45 minutes to complete the exam and must achieve a 70% to pass. The cost of the exam is $120. Candidates are required to have successfully completed their Series 7, Series 17, Series 37, Series 38, Series 62, Series 79, or Series 82 exam.
What is the ExamFX Guarantee Exam?
ExamFX is so confident in our training program that we guarantee users who successfully complete the Guarantee Exam will pass their licensing exam on their first attempt! If you do not pass your licensing exam within three days after scoring 80% or higher on the Guarantee Exam, we will refund the cost of your course. It is that simple. Some restrictions may apply.