Securities Exam Prep Series 24
Series 24 Exam Prep
To pass your Series 24 licensing exam, ExamFX has created a comprehensive online training program to ensure that you are prepared to pass your exam on first attempt. We have a variety of study packages available, designed to meet your specific needs.
RETAIL PACKAGES STARTING AT*
Organization Discounts Available*Actual price may vary depending on state and course selection. Please see purchasing portal for actual pricing for your state and organization. Discount pricing may also be available with qualifying manager email, discount code, or by visiting your specific organization's page.
Series 24 Package Comparison
We offer flexible solutions and packages for every learning style, specifically designed to help you pass your Series 24 exam. Through our training you will have access to a variety of helpful study tools that will prepare you for test day.
We guarantee you will pass your licensing exam on the first attempt. If you do not pass the licensing exam after scoring an 80% on the Guarantee Exam, we will refund the cost of the material. Licensing exam must be taken within 3 days after passing the Guarantee Exam. A copy of the licensing exam results and access code must be provided.
What is the Series 24 license and what will it do?
The Series 24 license allows individuals responsible for the management or supervision of a FINRA member's investment banking or securities business. It qualifies the individual as the General Securities Principal. To view a complete, detailed test outline, please follow the link to the FINRA website and Series 6 outline.
VIEW THE FINRA SERIES 24 OUTLINE
About the Series 24 Exam
What are the topics covered on the Series 24 Exam?
The Series 24 exam is broken down into four parts (by job function). These topics include:
- Regulatory fundamentals and business development
- Supervision of registration of broker-dealer and personnel management activities
- Supervision of general broker-dealer activities
- Supervision of retail and institutional customer-related activities
- Supervision of investment banking and research
See below for a more detailed breakdown or visit the FINRA link above.
Supervision of registration of broker-dealer and personnel management activities
- Initiate or terminate the registration of the broker-dealer and physical office locations in the Central Registration Depository (CRD) System by filing, updating or amending appropriate documents
- Conduct hiring and registration of associated persons and maintenance of registration
Supervision of broker-dealer activities
- Develop, implement and update firm’s policies, written supervisory procedures (WSP) and controls for applicable rules and regulations; and implement appropriate monitoring and testing
- Supervise the conduct of associated persons
- Supervise compensation practices of member, associated persons and other parties
- Supervise the development, evaluation and delivery of products and services offered by the broker-dealer
- Take disciplinary or corrective actions relating to the conduct of associated persons; address regulatory actions regarding violations or potential violations of securities industry laws, rules and regulations; and address customer and industry disputes
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and controls relating to the creation and retention of books and records
- Supervise compliance with financial responsibility requirements and funding and cash management
Supervision of retail and institutional customer-related activities
- Supervise new account opening and ongoing maintenance of existing accounts
- Monitor, review and approve speaking engagements and other communications with the public
- Review securities transactions, recommendations and account activity, and verify that required disclosures are made
Supervision of trading and market making activities
- Supervise order entry, routing and execution
- Confirm proper booking and settlement of trade
- Review executions for compliance with trade reporting requirements
Supervision of investment banking and research
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and controls; and supervise related investment banking activities
- Review and approve investor disclosure materials, pitch books and marketing materials
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and controls; and supervise activities relating to research
FINRA Series 24 Exam Details
The Series 24 exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions and is a total duration of 3 hours and 45 min. The minimum passing score is 70%. The exam cost is approx. $120 and it requires candidates to be have successfully completed their Series 7, Series 17, Series 37, Series 38, Series 62, Series 79, or Series 82 exam.
What is the ExamFX Guarantee Exam?
As a first in the prelicensing industry, we stand by our mission to provide students with quality learning tools and instruction. We guarantee each student will pass his or her exam on the first attempt. If a student fails the state exam within three days after scoring 80% on the Guarantee Exam, we will refund the cost of the material. It is that simple.