NEVADA INSURANCE PRELICENSING INFORMATION
- Nevada requires potential agents to take and complete a state approved prelicensing course before taking their licensing exam.
LICENSING EXAM INFORMATION
- The exam is multiple choice and is given on a computer
- The fee for a single line examination in $55 and the fee for a combination exam is $65.
PASSING SCORE REQUIRED
NEVADA LIFE, ACCIDENT AND HEALTH
- 144 (+ 26 pretest) questions
- 80 (+ 17 pretest) questions
NEVADA ACCIDENT AND HEALTH
- 88 (+ 17 pretest) questions
- 82 (+ 17 pretest) questions
- 89 (+ 18 pretest) questions
NEVADA PROPERTY AND CASUALTY
- 141 (+ 29 pretest) questions
NEVADA PERSONAL LINES
- 100 (+ 5 pretest) questions
Computerized exams are given at Pearson VUE Testing Centers Monday-Saturday and select locations on Sunday.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW DO I APPLY FOR MY LICENSE?
For questions regarding how to obtain a license after the examination has been passed, candidates should contact the Nevada Department of Business and Industry Division of Insurance at (775) 687- 0700 (option 1) or visit them online at www.doi.nv.gov. After passing the examination, candidates must apply for their license within two years. After two years, the Bureau will require the candidate to take and pass their licensing exams again.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO THE TEST CENTER THE DAY OF MY INSURANCE EXAM?
Testing vendors will often ask for proof of Pre-License Education. It is therefore crucial that you bring your Certificate of Completion to the testing site. You cannot take anything into the test room with you other than what the proctor provides you. You will be able to leave your personal belongings in a locker in the testing center waiting room. They will provide you with a pen/pencil, scratch paper, and a basic function calculator at the test site.
IF I DON'T PASS IS THERE ANY WAITING PERIOD THAT APPLIES BEFORE I CAN RETAKE THE INSURANCE EXAM?
This computerized exam is scored immediately upon completion of the exam. If a candidate fails they must pay a reexamination fee and retake the exam. Candidates may take their exams as many times as needed.