HAWAII CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Hawaii:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Property/Casualty|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Anti-Money Laundering||2.00||LAH Ethics|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life/Accident & Health or Sickness|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||Life/Health|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||PC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||10.00||Property/Casualty|
• Hawaii Producers are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3
hours of ethics or law, every 2-year license term.
• Multi-line producers are required to complete 10 hours in L&H and 11 hours in P&C with 3 hours of law or ethics every 2-year license term.
Licensees must renew on the 16th day of their birth month. Licensees who are born in an even year will renew on even years, those born in an odd year will renew on odd years. Producers cannot take a course more than once within a 2-year license term. Hawaii does not allow excess credit hours to be carried forward into the next license term.
Students must take approved courses in the line of authority in which
they are licensed in. Multi-line producers are required to complete 10 hours in
L&H and 11 hours in P&C with 3 hours of law or ethics.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Hawaii producers must take a course approved for at
least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Hawaii producers licensed in the property line of authority who will be soliciting National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• PROGRESSIVE – Students must progress through the curriculum by topic.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance. Coworkers are not suitable proctors.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX requires that all Study by Topic quizzes be passed with at least a score of 1%.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2)
business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2)
business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a $1.50 fee per course in order to report completions to the state. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
A non-resident producer’s satisfaction of their home state’s CE requirements shall constitute satisfaction of this state’s continuing education requirements.
The following are exempt from Hawaii CE requirements:
• Upon receiving a written request and a showing of good cause, the commissioner has the authority to grant a waiver of any requirement of an insurance law or insurance rule that applies to an applicant or a producer.
• Nonresidents who are in good standing with their home state
Producers can renew their license here.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Hawaii Department of Insurance
Phone: (808) 586-2788
Fax: (808) 586-2806
Email: [email protected]
Hawaii Department of Insurance
P.O. Box 3614 Honolulu, HI 96811
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.