IDAHO CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Idaho:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Front Line Fraud Prevention||3.00||Ethics|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Life|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||13.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers & Public Adjusters in Idaho must take 24 hours of
continuing education, 3 of those hours being in ethics, every 2-year license
term. License terms end on the last days of the licensee’s birth month every 2
years. No excess credit hours may be carried forward into the next license
Courses may not be repeated within 2-year license term.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain
their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take
courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING – Producers must meet an initial 8-hour
requirement before selling LTC in the state of Idaho. After completing the
initial 8-hour training, producers must then take a 4-hour LTC training course
every 24 months from the initial completion date.
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Idaho producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Idaho licensed producers who sell flood insurance are required to take a 3-hour one-time course approved for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better. Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party who certifies that the licensee completed the exam without outside assistance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after
completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported to state
entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
There is a $1.00 fee per credit hour in order to report completions to the state. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
If you have satisfied the continuing education requirements of your home state, Idaho will consider that as satisfaction of the continuing education requirements. Nonresidents who have not completed LTC training for their home state must comply with Idaho’s requirement.
The following are exempt from Idaho CE:
• Nonresident licensees in good standing with their home states
• Limited lines producers
• Agents on inactive status
• Independent adjusters
Producers must renew their license on the Sircon website before the license renewal date.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Idaho Department of Insurance
Phone: (208) 334-4250
Fax: (208) 334-4398
Web site: http://www.doi.idaho.gov/
Idaho Department of Insurance Licensing Division, Third Floor 700 W. State St.
Boise, ID 83720-0043
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.