ILLINOIS CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Illinois:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||Flood|
|Indexed Product Training||4.00||Gen|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||12.00||Life and Health|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Long Term Care Certification Training||8.00||LTC|
|LTC Certification Refresher||4.00||LTC|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
|Principles of Property and Casualty Insurance||12.00||Property and Casualty|
Producers in Illinois are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours in an ethics, every 2- year license term. The ethics course must be fulfilled in an approved classroom setting. Courses cannot be taken for credit more than once in a 2-year license term. Up to 12 hours of excess CE may be carried over to the next license term. To avoid a penalty fee, licensees should complete their CE 30 days prior to the expiration date.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain
their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take
courses pertaining to their license type. Three hours of ethics must be
fulfilled in a classroom. ExamFX DOES NOT offer the classroom Ethics course. Crop producers can satisfy their CE requirement with
a course approved for property and casualty.
• LONG TERM CARE TRAINING - Before soliciting or selling LTC products in
Illinois, resident producers must complete an 8-hour LTC training course. Upon
completion of the initial training, resident producers must complete a 4-hour
course on long-term care every 2-year license term. **If a producer fails to
complete the ongoing training before the license renewal, there is a 12-month
window in which the producer may complete the training thereafter. If the
producer still fails to do so, they must complete the initial 8-hour training
• ANNUITY TRAINING – Illinois producers must take a course approved for at least 4 hours before selling or soliciting any annuity products.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Illinois licensed producers who sell flood insurance are required to take a 3-hour one-time course approved for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70%or better.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Students may print their certificate directly from the course after
completing the curriculum requirements. Completions are reported typically within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
There is a $1.00 fee per credit hour to report your completion. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
A nonresident producer's satisfaction of his or her home state's
continuing education requirements for licensed insurance producers shall
constitute satisfaction of this State's continuing education requirements if
the non-resident producer's home state recognizes the satisfaction of its
continuing education requirements imposed upon producers from this State on the
The following are exempt from Illinois CE requirements:
• Individuals holding a temporary license
• Individuals holding the following limited licenses: limited travel health, baggage, or trip cancellation sold in connection with transportation by a common carrier; industrial life; industrial health; and insurance issued by a local mutual district, county, or township insurance company
• Nonresident producers who meet their resident states' CE requirements
Producers are able to renew their license up to 90 days before the expiration date. If the producer renews after expiration date, they will need to pay a penalty fee.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Illinois Department of Insurance
Phone: (217) 782-6366
Email: [email protected]
Illinois Department of Insurance Producer Licensing Unit
320 West Washington St. Springfield, IL 62767
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their state's requirements.