NEW YORK CE COURSES
The following courses for Provider Number 100535 are currently available for New York:
|Course Name||Course Number||Credit Hours||Relevant License Types|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||237142||6.00||Brokers, General Consultants, Property/Casualty Agents, Public Adjusters|
|Retirement Planning||237163||5.00||Life Brokers, Life Consultants, Life Settlement Brokers, Life/Accident and Health Agent|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||237160||5.00||Brokers, General Consultants, Property/Casualty Agents, Public Adjusters|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||237162||9.00||Brokers, General Consultants, Property/Casualty Agents, Public Adjusters|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||237161||5.00||Life Brokers, Life Consultants, Life Settlement Brokers, Life/Accident and Health Agent|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||NYCS-253169||3.00||Brokers, General Consultants, Property/Casualty Agents, Public Adjusters|
|Indexed Product Training||252981||8.00||Life Brokers, Life Consultants, Life Settlement Brokers, Life/Accident and Health Agent|
|Distribution Planning||237143||5.00||Life Brokers, Life Consultants, Life Settlement Brokers, Life/Accident & Health Agents|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||237144||6.00||Life Brokers, Life Consultants, Life Settlement Brokers, Life/Accident and Health Agents|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||237146||8.00||Life Brokers, Life Consultants, Life Settlement Brokers, Life/Accident and Health Agents|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||237164||6.00||Life Brokers, Life Consultants, Life Settlement Brokers, Life/Accident and Health Agents|
|Anti-Money Laundering||249126||2.00||Life Brokers, Life Consultants, Life Settlement Brokers, Life/Accident and Health Agents, Property/Casualty Agents|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||237145||6.00||Life Brokers, Life Consultants, Life Settlement Brokers, Life/Accident and Health Agents|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||NYCS-254899||12.00||Life Brokers, Life Consultants, Life Settlement Brokers, Life/Accident and Health Agents|
• Producers who hold: Life, Accident/Health, and Variable Annuities; or
Life/Variable Annuities are required to take 15 hours of CE every 2-year
The license term ends on the producer’s date of birth. Licensees who are born in an even year will renew on even years, those born in an odd year will renew on odd years. Public Adjusters license term ends in even numbered years on 12/31. Continuing education requirements must be completed 60 days prior to the license expiration date.
Producers are not allowed to retake previously completed continuing education courses for credit, regardless of license term.
New York does not allow excess credits to be carried forward into the next licensing period.
Students must take approved courses in the class of license which they are licensed in.
Credit earned from a Bridge Course may be applied to both the renewal requirements for a Life and Health license as well as a Property and Casualty license.
An agent licensed in both Life and Health and Property and Casualty lines of authority may have Bridge Course credit apply to the total renewal requirement of both licenses. They may take only a total of 15 credit hours that are approved as Bridge Courses to satisfy their continuing education renewal requirements or may take a total of 30 hours of credit, with 15 hours in each line of authority.
Effective April 1, 2022, all licensees must complete the following as part of their CE requirement:• INSURANCE LAW – at least 1 hour
• ETHICS/PROFESSIONALISM – at least 1 hour
• DIVERSITY, INCLUSION and ELIMINATION OF BIAS – at least 1 hour
• FLOOD INSURANCE – at least 1 hour if the licensee is licensed to sell one or more lines of property/casualty insurance; at least 3 hours if the licensee sells flood insurance through the NFIP.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING – The New York State Department of Health requires New York licensed agents to complete an initial 8-hour training course specifically created and approved for the New York State Partnership for Long Term Care. You may sign up for this courses by clicking here. Any questions or concerns relating to LTCP training in New York should be directed at the New York State Department of Health and/or the New York State Partnership for Long Term Care.
• ANNUITY SUITABILITY TRAINING – Insurers are responsible for educating agents who sell annuity products. No specific hours are required.
• CERTIFICATION EXAM – Students are required to pass the certification exam with a 70% or better.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT ATTESTATION – The student attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported typically within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued.
The following are licensees are exempt from New York CE requirements:
• Independent Adjuster
• Bail Bond
• Mortgage Guarantee
• Re-insurance Intermediary
• Nonresident producers
• Licensees currently serving active military duty – see Circular Letter No. 8 (2003)
Licensees can renew their licenses online at the New York State Department of Financial Services website using the link titled “renew your license” on the following
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
New York State Department of Financial Services
Email: [email protected]
New York State Department of Financial Services – Licensing Services One Commerce Plaza, Suite 2003
Albany, NY 12257
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.