WASHINGTON CE COURSES
The following courses are currently available for Washington:
|Course Name||Credit Hours||Line of Authority|
|Ethical Practices: Avoiding E&O Claims||3.00||Ethics|
|Ethics & Insurance: How to Sell Ethically & Comply with the Law||3.00||Ethics|
|Indexed Product Training||5.00||General|
|NFIP Flood Insurance||3.00||General|
|Group Benefits & Worksite Insurance||4.00||Life/Health|
|Health Insurance Policies: Protecting Clients from Health-Related Loss||5.00||Life/Health|
|Life Insurance Policy Types & Suitability||6.00||Life/Health|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance: Closing the Gap||4.00||Life/Health|
|Principles of Life and Health Insurance||10.00||Life/Health|
|Variable Life & Annuities: Understanding Investment Potential and Risks||5.00||Life/Health|
|Annuity Suitability Certification Training||4.00||Life/Health/Annuity|
|Businessowners Policy (BOP)||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Commercial Lines: Property/Auto/Liability||4.00||Property/Casualty|
|Personal Lines: Protecting Your Client's Home, Auto, & Critical Risks||7.00||Property/Casualty|
Producers in Washington are required to take 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of Ethics, every 2- year license term. The license term is based on the producer’s date of birth. No carry over credits are allowed and a student cannot take a course more than once within 3 calendar years from the original completion date. Please note: Course numbers for LTC and annuity courses are the same for all providers. The initial 8-hour LTC course and annuity training course will be considered duplicates if repeated within the 3-year period. The 4-hour LTC course is exempt from the repetition rule.
Students may take an approved course in any line of authority to obtain
their Continuing Education credits, but it is recommended that they take
courses pertaining to their license type.
• LONG TERM CARE PARTNERSHIP TRAINING – Producers must complete an initial, state approved 8-hour Long Term Care Training course before they can sell or solicit Long Term Care Insurance. Producers must then complete a 4-hour ongoing training requirement every 24 months from the date the initial 8-hour training was completed in order to stay in compliance.
• FLOOD INSURANCE TRAINING – Washington producers National Flood Insurance Policies are required to take a one-time 3-hour course on Flood Insurance.
• STUDY BY TOPIC QUIZZES – ExamFX recommends that all Study by Topic Quizzes are passed with a 70% or better.
• STUDENT AND PROCTOR ATTESTATION – The student and proctor attestation must be completed following the certificate exam.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION AND REPORTING
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within two (2) business days. Completions are reported to state entities within two (2) business days of the certificate having been issued. There is a $1.50 fee per course in order to report completions to the state. This fee will be charged prior to accessing the certification exam.
• Resident adjusters and producers holding only limited credit insurance, travel insurance, or surety licenses are exempt from CE requirements.
Producers can renew their license online here.
STATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner Phone: 360-725-7144
Email: [email protected]
Mailing Address: PO Box 40257 Olympia, WA 98504-0257
The information displayed above is for informational purposes only. ExamFX is not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. All steps have been taken to make sure that the information relayed on this page is accurate; however, information is subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the producer to be compliant per their states requirements.