- EXAMFX'S COVID-19 UPDATE: Visit Latest News for more information
Securities Exam Prep Series 26
FINRA® Series 26 Exam Prep
To pass your Series 26 licensing exam, ExamFX has created a comprehensive online training program to ensure that you are prepared to pass your exam on first attempt. We have a variety of study packages available, designed to meet your specific needs.
RETAIL PACKAGES STARTING AT*
Organization Discounts Available*Actual price may vary depending on state and course selection. Please see purchasing portal for actual pricing for your state and organization. Discount pricing may also be available with qualifying manager email, discount code, or by visiting your specific organization's page.
Series 26 Training Package Comparison
We offer flexible solutions and packages for every learning style, specifically designed to help you pass your Series 26 exam. Through our training you will have access to a variety of helpful study tools that will prepare you for test day.
We guarantee you will pass your licensing exam on the first attempt. If you do not pass the licensing exam after scoring an 80% on the Guarantee Exam, we will refund the cost of the material. Licensing exam must be taken within 3 days after passing the Guarantee Exam. A copy of the licensing exam results and access code must be provided.
What is the Series 26 license and what will it do?
The Series 26 license allows financial services professionals the qualifications to become a limited principal and to supervise and manage the sales activities for investment companies and annuities. In order to obtain a Series 26 license, you must prepare and pass the Series 26 exam (Investment Company and Variable Contracts Products Principal Qualification Exam). This exam is administered by FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority). To view a complete, detailed test outline, please follow the link to the FINRA website and Series 26 outline.VIEW THE FINRA SERIES 26 OUTLINE
About the Series 26 Exam
What are the topics covered on the Series 26 Exam?
The Series 26 exam is broken down into four parts (by job function). These topics include:
- Personnel Management Activities and Registration of the Broker-Dealer
- Supervises Associated Persons and Oversees Sales Practices
- Oversees Compliance and Business Processes of the Broker-Dealer and its Offices
See below for more detailed breakdown or visit the FINRA link above.
Personnel Management Activities and Registration of the Broker-Dealer
- Conducts personnel management activities and administers the registration of the brokerdealer and associated persons in the Central Registration Depository (CRD)® System by filing, updating or amending appropriate documents
- Provides training and education on securities industry structure, rules and regulations, product characteristics, and firm policies
Supervises Associated Persons and Oversees Sales Practices
- Monitors, supervises and documents the sales activities of associated persons to achieve compliance with securities industry rules and regulations and firm policies and provides feedback regarding product knowledge and performance
- Monitors, reviews and approves communications with the public to achieve compliance with securities industry rules, regulations, filing requirements and firm policies
- Supervises recommendations and the handling of customers’ accounts and transactions for appropriate disclosures concerning products, sales charges, risks, services, costs, fees, and delivery of disclosure and legal documents
- Supervises compliance with FINRA’s cash and non-cash compensation rules
- Reviews and approves or prohibits outside business and personal financial activities of associated persons
- Takes action, as necessary, regarding the conduct of associated persons and addresses violations or potential violations of securities industry rules and regulations and firm policies and procedures
Oversees Compliance and Business Processes of the Broker-Dealer and its Offices
- Supervises the firm’s operational processes for compliance with regulatory requirements related to the opening and ongoing maintenance of customer accounts
- Monitors, identifies and reports suspicious activities consistent with regulatory and firm requirements and verifies that documentation is retained and filed
- Develops, implements and tests the adequacy of internal controls and monitors business activities for compliance with regulatory and reporting requirements
- Performs required office inspections to verify compliance with regulatory requirements and firm policies and procedures
- Proper handling, resolution and required regulatory reporting of customer complaints
- Supervises introduction, maintenance and reporting requirements of products/business lines and financial responsibility compliance
FINRA Series 26 Exam Details
The Series 26 exam consists of 110 multiple-choice questions and is a total duration of 2 hours and 45 minutes. The minimum passing score is 70%. The exam cost is approx. $100 and it requires candidates to have successfully completed the Series 6 or Series 7 exams.
What is the ExamFX Guarantee Exam?
As a first in the prelicensing industry, we stand by our mission to provide students with quality learning tools and instruction. We guarantee each student will pass his or her exam on the first attempt. If a student fails the state exam within three days after scoring 80% on the Guarantee Exam, we will refund the cost of the material. It is that simple.