Illinois All Lines
Addendum: for use with Illinois Life/Health, Property/Casualty, and Personal Lines online ExamFX courses and study guides per state regulatory updates effective 07/01/2021.
The following are regulatory updates pertaining to producer licensing and license reinstatement fees:
Illinois Statutes and Regulations Common to All Lines
B. License and Registration
2. Obtaining a License
License Fees — dollar amounts changed
The following are the required fees for obtaining and maintaining insurance licensing:
- $50 application fee to process a request to take the written examination for an insurance producer license;
- Every 2 years:
- $215 for a resident insurance producer license ($180 prior to July 1, 2021);
- $380 for a nonresident insurance producer license ($250 prior to July 1, 2021);
- $150 for a business entity;
- $50 for a self‑service storage facility limited line license;
- $200 for a limited lines license other than those listed in the limited lines producer section;
- $50 for the issuance of a temporary license;
- $50 annual fee for a limited lines producer license;
- $50 certification fee for each certified prelicensing or continuing education course, and $20 annual fee for renewing the certification of each course.
3. Maintaining a License
Reinstatement — dollar amounts changed
An insurance producer who allows his or her license to lapse can be issued a license without having to pass a written exam if the producer renews it within 12 months after the renewal fee was due. A penalty, double the amount of the renewal fee (total of $430), will be required before the license is issued. Reinstatement fee for nonresident licenses is $760.